The year is [[TheFuture 2426]]. Earth is a patchwork quilt of squabbling Domains, loosely joined under the mantle of the Empire, which fights to present a united front to the dozens of technologically advanced, land-hungry alien races. None of which matters particularly to the patrons of the Sunset Grill, a bar on the shady side of town in the corrupt city of Kieselburg. The comic follows the day-to-day life of the barís staff and patrons as they meet the challenges of their imperfect world with humor, determination, and the occasional moment of grace.
Read the webcomic [[http://www.sunsetgrillcomic/ here]].
!!This webcomic contains examples of
* BodyBackupDrive The Emperor, Alexander was the first for whom this worked.
* FeudalFuture Because if you can genetically modify yourself and become the Lord Undying, why wouldnít you take over the world and make yourself the Lord of Everything?
* FutureFoodIsArtificial Why is the Sunset Grill so great? [[http://sunsetgrillcomic.com/index.php?comic=20080808-august-8,-2008 They have vegetables]]. Trevor gets pretty excited about the prospect of home-grown food. Because who really wants to sustain themselves on vat-grown algae forever. Yum.
* GentleGiant Sal is a big ex-army guy, but at heart heís kind. Too kind, depending on who you ask.
* GreenSkinnedSpaceBabe Anastasia, the cook, is [[HairTriggerTemper somewhat tempermental]] in the same way that a knife is somewhat sharp.
* InTheFutureHumansWillBeOneRace: Completely and utterly averted. The cast is both huge and diverse.
* LoadsAndLoadsOfCharacters Thereís a solid 65 characters on the cast page. Of course, the cast is an [[EnsembleCast ensemble cast]] and tends to follow shorter story arches in the future, so itís to be expected.
* LocalHangout: The entire comic is set in and around the Sunset Grill, or follows the staff and patrons. Itís not a comic about any one hero in particular, the hangout is the story.
* SlaveRace The Sunlanders used to be this.