--> '''Luna:''' "There's no way. A book cannot read minds, or answer questions."
--> '''Selena:''' "No. No, they can't. [[TheTapeKnewYouWouldSayThat I'm just really good at guessing what you are going to do."]]
Luke... has a problem.
After discovering that the three creepy girls at school are a coven of witches, he steals a spellbook from them, but discovers that there are... certain things one does not do when meeting a sentient deity. Now turned into an avatar of Selena, goddess of the moon, Luke has all the magic available to him that he might want... Except ''men'' can't be witches, as everyone ''tried'' to explain to him...
A webcomic by the artist of ''New Worlds'', which was on hiatus but is now being continued as a bonus comic. ''Spiderwebs'' can be read in its entirety [[http://www.tfsnewworld.com/2007/09/03/31/ here]].
!!Includes examples of:
* ArtEvolution: Very much so. Contrast [[http://www.tfsnewworld.com/2003/01/30/115/ the first page of New Worlds]], [[http://www.tfsnewworld.com/2007/09/03/31/ the first page of Spiderwebs]], and [[http://www.tfsnewworld.com/2010/02/01/610/ the latest page as of this writing]].
* BeCarefulWhatYouWishFor: Luke wanted magic. Selena gave him magic.
* BareYourMidriff: Apparently mandatory, due to the ThirdLawOfGenderbending.
* GenderBender: And in a rare example of the trope, it's not played up for fanservice or comedy. (Well, much.)
* GenderBenderFriendship: The coven is much more receptive of "Luna" than "Luke", even though he tried to blackmail then then stole a book just in time to interrupt an important spell. Except for Tix, who [[ManicPixieDreamGirl liked him already.]]
* GenkiGirl: Tix
* GodInHumanForm: Of a sort. Luke, now Luna, is given a "piece" of Selena in order to become a witch.
* HoYay: Sara, who gains a nice blush when going off on a tangent when Luna explains how awkward getting dressed for gym is going to be.
* IdiotBall: Luke, when he decided to steal a spellbook and randomly cast a spell without any supervision or support. Called out very specifically by Selena -- Luke couldn't be bothered to wait one night for the coven to explain things away from school?
* ImaginaryFriend: Baxter. Turns out he's a magical creature and after Luke grew up, the WeirdnessCensor kicked in.
* ManicPixieDreamGirl: Tix. Helps that she's [[spoiler:bonded to a wind sprite.]]
* ManIFeelLikeAWoman: [[http://www.tfsnewworld.com/2009/04/13/55/ Yup.]]
* PowerTattoo / MarkedChange: Luna's new body has a moon and other celestial glowing tattoos on it. Fortunately, these aren't visible when she's clothed. Unfortunately, she didn't think to swap out her rather revealing gym clothes to cover these.
* RetGone: No one remembers Luke, but everyone remembers Luna. It helps that a friendly house sprite is helping to redecorate.
** This is also a very ''fragile'' spell -- Luna screwed it up with her father by painting her room the old color, causing him to remember Luke and making him immune to the RetGone.
* RequiredSecondaryPowers - a fairly unusual variation but played straight nontheless.
* RougeAnglesOfSatin: And how! Virtually every comic includes at least one spelling or grammar error.
** Although to be fair, the author has a relatively poor grasp of English. And it is still FAR better than early pages of New World which were nearly unreadable.
* SmugSnake: Selena, although it's less malicious and more letting Luke have ''[[http://www.tfsnewworld.com/2009/03/23/51/ exactly]]'' what he asked for.
* TheGodsMustBeLazy: Selena can't really do much other than float around and watch humanity. It's hinted that this is one of the reasons she gave Luke a figment of her power -- at least now she has something to watch!
* TheMasquerade: Magically enforced -- only those with a connection to magic can see unusual things. Luna, after having gotten her magic, sees magic creatures *everywhere*. Some of her teachers are even non-human -- some of them even sneak her back into school as "Luna" instead of "Luke", mentioning that they have to do this often enough that they've got a process for it.
* TheTapeKnewYouWouldSayThat: Selena's book.
* ThirdLawOfGenderBending: Enforced: Luke/Luna returns home to discover her room has been redecorated and all of his clothes replaced on Selena's orders. In addition, she has to at least play along a little in order to prevent the WeirdnessCensor from making everyone remember Luke.
* TransformationComic: Only one transformation so far.
* WeirdnessCensor: No one without a touch of magic can see spirits.