-->''"Why would you try to spell a vacuum?"''\\
--'''What You're Probably Thinking Right Now'''
''Vacuumland, 1996'': An inexplicable accident of chance creates a sentient vacuum with an attitude. His name is Spelling.
The first five 'chapters' were plotted out as part of a larger arc centered on the prophecy of the Errant One and Bono the Cat's ambition to TakeOverTheWorld. The sixth introduced a new old nemesis of Stooge's with a grudge, and the seventh involved TimeTravel before the author got sick of that dragging on and [[AbortedArc swerved abruptly]] in a different direction.
The site, www.room931.com, was taken down sometime in 2008, circa two years after the last strip was posted--which itself was only posted after a six month lapse, as [[LampshadeHanging lampshaded]] in said final strip. Once upon a time, it also shared a forum site with ZeldaComic at inksandwich.com.
[[http://www.spellingthevacuum.com/ Spelling the Vacuum]] is now archived at www.spellingthevacuum.com as of May, 2009.
* AbortedArc: Right in the middle of the action.
* AchillesHeel: Villain Ray's weakness is the fact that his powers are powered by self-esteem.
* ActionGirl: The Jew.
* ArtEvolution: Lampshaded in a fight during the TimeTravel arc... unrelatedly to the TimeTravel, though. "Did the author just change the art style ''again?''"
* AuthorAppeal: Lampshaded by Stooge during his short OutOfClothesExperience: "I dunno, probably just an excuse so the author can draw me naked."
* BackFromTheDead: As well as ToHellAndBack.
* CameBackWrong: Bono's sexuality switched orientations.
* CampGay: Bono, to his own horror, after his return from the dead.
* TheChosenOne: Spelling is The Errant One.
* EveryoneCallsHimBarkeep: The Jew doesn't seem to have another name; neither does The Convert (who, incidentally, converted to Judaism.)
* EvilOverlord: Bono.
* FreudWasRight:[[invoked]] The "resemblance," according to readers, of the antenna-thingy on the author-mouthpiece's head to a penis was used for a joke once.
** His name is ''Nub''. It was a foregone conclusion.
* GrammarNazi: The Fairy of Good Grammar.
* ItsPopularNowItSucks:[[invoked]] Conversationally described by Stooge in an early strip.
* LightningCanDoAnything: Spelling's birth, from the union of the super-intelligence of a Mr. Spell machine, and the body of a vacuum.
* LiteralGenie: The frog statue, in "Look, It's Vaguely Like Ghostbusters." Genie-free, non-wish-granting magical loophole example: Fairy wands can only be wielded by fairies, but the definition of 'fairy' includes the homophobic slur.
* ReligionIsMagic: Specifically, Judaism = superpowers.
* TerminatorTwosome: The AbortedArc.
* ThemeNaming: Three named vacuums are Spelling, Dictionary, and Homework. As in, things that [[spoiler:''suck'']]. The author admits he came up with this IncrediblyLamePun in Junior High.
* ThisIsTVTropesBitch: On being ''born'', Spelling's first words were "'Sup, bitches?"
* TheUnreveal: Vacuum sex is always just offscreen; WordOfGod says it's not explicit, just "very hard to draw."
%%*WackyCravings [Can't remember if that trope was there. Probably other PregnancyTropes? Is there one about 'pregnant women are crazy and have a temper'?]