-->''What will yours be?''
[[http://onequestioncomic.com/ One Question]] is a full page color fantasy WebComic written and drawn by Meg "Cheeko" Sveryud. The story revolves around Ranu, a strange grey-skinned elf-like boy living on the streets of a large port city. The title refers to Crysthel, the Crystal Dragon of All Knowledge, who will answer a single question put forth by any person, from how to fall in love to how to kill a god.
This comic provides examples of:
* ABoyAndHisX: The story is shaping up to become A Boy and His Dragon Whose Voice He Hears Only Inside His Head.
* AllThereInTheManual: The Character page provides a lot of extra details that clear up some questions about the characters. Unfortunately, this also has the tendency to end up providing ''more'' questions.
* ArtEvolution: As with most webcomics, the art starts off a little shaky and very reliant on its text. It get better, especially the coloring.
* BodyguardCrush: Kavin is nursing one for Marie. He doesn't realize that it's reciprocal.
* CatFolk: Dart, one of Ranu's friends.
* [[TrailersAlwaysSpoil Covers Always Spoil]]: The reveal that [[spoiler:Ranu has wings]] is shown on the page of the very first chaper.
* DarkIsNotEvil: One would expect The Demon Lord, with [[NamesToRunAwayFromReallyFast a name]] like that and [[http://onequestioncomic.com/comics/109/ an appearance]] to match would be the villain. Instead, he's a tortured, imprisoned soul who spends his appearance in the comic angsting about the role he played in Crysthel's imprisonment.
* DisappearedDad: It's unknown just who Ranu's father is. Cheeko mentioned that this [[http://onequestioncomic.com/istrip_files/galleries/080403170401/080403175138.jpg picture]] was a character not introduced or even mentioned yet, so it's possible that this is one relative, father, uncle, or brother, who made hold a clue...
* EyepatchOfPower: Orson has one.
* FourLinesAllWaiting: There's the main plot with Ranu. Then there's the part taking place in the past with Narini and Orson. Then there's Kavin and Marie's quest to get the book. ''Then'' there's Mask and his team of baddies, including the Captain, working towards their goals.
* GreatBigBookOfEverything: One of the main plot devices.
* ExpectingSomeoneTaller: One of the orphans, Shroom, expects Ranu to be a lot more badass.
* HeroOfAnotherStory: Kavin, based off the narrator's mentions and [[http://onequestioncomic.com/comics/226/ this picture.]]
* LightIsNotGood: The main villain, Mask, wears a white cloak and [[ShapedLikeItself mask.]]
* [[DaddyHadAGoodReasonForAbandoningYou Mommy Had A Good Reason For Abandoning You:]] [[spoiler: Narini abandoned Ranu in an orphanage to spare him the pain that being around her would cause, and possibly in an attempt to avert the future she saw in the cards. She did this even knowing a child that looked like he did would probably never get adopted. Orson rightly calls her out on this and says she did it because she was afraid, leading her into a HeroicBSOD when she realizes he's right.]]
* MissingMom: Ranu's mom, [[spoiler: Narini, abandoned Ranu when she was frightened by the future she saw in her cards.]]
* OlderThanTheyLook: Ranu looks like he's eight but is really twelve. [[spoiler: This is taken UpToEleven when the book ages him up to about eighteen.]]
** Narini, [[spoiler: his mother]], is eighty-four and says she feels like she's twenty.
** Dart is [[WordOfGod five,]] yet looks and acts like child around eight or nine.
** This is possibly the case with some of the elves. Heck, it might be easier to list those in the cast who actually look their age.
* OurElvesAreDifferent: There's three races. Two of them are elves, sun and lun, and can control magic. The third are the [[ProudWarriorRaceGuy Marsincol.]] They tend not to get along.
** There's also the possibility Ranu and Narini are some form of elfin creature too.
* OvernightAgeUp: [[spoiler:Ranu]] gets aged from ten to about eighteen after touching The Book.
* PettingZooPeople: Dart is an anthropomorphic cat, there's an anthropomorphic lizard assassin, and there are even anthro horses.
* PsychoForHire: A minor character, a lizard assassin named Kal'ihm, actually ''wishes'' he could take joy in killing.
* ReasonableAuthorityFigure: The Captain is a harsh man, but he's not evil. His actions all revolve around catching the protagonists, but only because he thinks they are thieves. He even tries to save Ranu when he thinks he's going to fall off the roof, and shows great discomfort when [[spoiler: Mask tortures Marie with his magic.]]
* RedEyesTakeWarning: A counter-example is found in Ranu. Despite the bright crimson he sports, he's the hero of the comic.
* Roma: Narini is a gypsy FortuneTeller, cursed with a lot of TarotTroubles.
* RoofHopping: Ranu engages in a chase that ends up with everyone scrambling over the roofs while trying to escape the Captain and his guards.
* ScheduleSlip: It's been running since 2006 and has only produced 272 strips. The Archive shows that on average for the past several years, it's mostly been hovering in anywhere from 15 to 19 strips produced per ''year.''
* ShoutOut: [[http://onequestioncomic.com/comics/141/ One page]] has Kal'ihm using the same insults the old woman in [[Film/ThePrincessBride Buttercup's dream]] shouted at her.
* StarCrossedLovers: Kavin and Marie.
* TechnicalPacifist: Ranu. Partially justified in that he's a kid.
* TheManBehindTheMan: A goddess known only as The Mother is the one behind Mask's actions.
* TimeSkip: Two. The first is after the prologue, which was 800 years ago. Then comes the one in between the action with Narini & Orson in the prison, and the current plot with Ranu, which picks up ten years later.
* [[spoiler: WingPull: By the time it comes up, you've almost forgotten it was on the cover of the very first chapter.]]
* YouCanSeeThatRight: This is said almost word-for-word by two of [[http://onequestioncomic.com/comics/207/ the guards]].