[[caption-width-right:150:[[NerdsAreSexy Hot and Socially Inept]].]]
->'''Lyla:''' ...You're so shy, Jess.
->'''Lyla:''' So If this keeps up, the only way you can get close to him is to open a comic book store of your own.
->''Jess' face lights up with joy''
->'''Lyla:''' Jess? I was just kidding!
''[[http://nopinkponies.keenspot.com/ No Pink Ponies]]'' is a serial slice-of-life webcomic based around Jess, her friends, and her new comic book store. Jess, the main character, is a clumsy comic book nerd who grew up with very good looks. Her nerd tendencies have a habit of overriding her confidence in her image, however. So much so that she started her own comic book store just to lure a cute guy into talking to her. This actually manages to work, sort of.
The comic follows the life and times of her best friends Lyla, her brother, four nerd friends, Cute Comic Guy, and Mel. [[MyFriendsAndZoidberg And Maureen]].
Despite their importance to the plot, none of the male characters has a name, whereas all the female characters are named. WordOfGod says their names will probably never be given since the comic is based on the female perspective of Nerd Fandom.
!!This comic provides examples of:
* AllLoveIsUnrequited: Maureen has seriously fallen hard for Jess, unfortunately, Jess has no intention of switching teams...
* CaptainErsatz: Done intentionally with all the comic book heroes mentioned in the series.
* ComicBookTime: The comic is supposed to update in real-time. But then it slipped into a hiatus for a while back in 2008. Then the artist tried to make up for lost time by trying to catch up to the current time again. Then slipped into another couple of hiatuses for a while. So, the comic is still updating, but because the artist is still trying to catch up, the comics technically say it's 2010 still. Yeah, it's confusing.
* CuteClumsyGirl: Jess
* NerdsAreVirgins: the four nerd best friends in the comic store.
** Subverted: Of the aforementioned nerds, the fat nerd is married with a daughter, and the short nerd is apparently a [[TheCasanova Casanova]]. [[EverybodyHasLotsOfSex Not to mention Jess, who has had lots of partners]], [[EverybodyHasLotsOfSex her boyfriend as of the later strips]], [[EverybodyHasLotsOfSex Jess' brother and his wife]]...
* NoNameGiven: All the male characters
** Lyla's boyfriend [[LampshadeHanging lampshades]] this [[http://nopinkponies.keenspot.com/d/20060414.html here]] and [[http://nopinkponies.keenspot.com/d/20060419.html here]].
* ScheduleSlip: The comic is in a chronic state of this. Always on the tipping point between this and becoming completely orphaned.