-->-- '''Megaman''', every comic
[[http://megamanspritecomic.tumblr.com/ Megaman Sprite Comic]] is ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin-- a Franchise/MegaMan SpriteComic. Megaman and his pal Zero ask the hard questions, learn about science from their wheelchair-bound Uncle Proton, and consume huge quantities of b-ball pasta.
Originally created by Brotoad as a one-off parody of crappy sprite comics (not unlike his Famply Guh comics), Megaman Sprite Comic's unique blend of StylisticSuck has resulted in a surprisingly long-lived webcomic with a small but devoted fanbase.
On October 31, 2012, a video game based on the comic was released. In the creatively-named Megaman Sprite Game, Zero and Megaman upset a bunch of ghosts, kickstarting a quest to discover the three Magic B-Balls and save the world.
A complete LetsPlay of the game can be found [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuJS9y0xLyM here.]]
[[folder: Both ]]
* AnimeHair: Subverted with Uncle Proton-- his hair is short and gray and dull. Played straight with Quickman and Zero, though.
* BrotherSisterIncest: Presumably Megaman and Roll, [[http://megamanspritecomic.tumblr.com/post/15144466769/this-is-the-first-comic-and-megamans-brother-zero although he doesn't seem very disturbed about it.]]
* BumblingDad: Dr. Dad.
* ButtMonkey: Snakeman in every single one of his appearances.
* CanineCompanion: Dogmobile.
* CatchPhrase: "what"
** To the point where the one comic where Megaman doesn't begin his dialogue like this consists of him beating himself up over it.
* CoolShades: Megaman dons a pair while deriding his "haters."
* FatComicRelief: Uncle Proton. WordOfGod said this was a conscious decision, meant to subvert Protoman's typical characterization as an OnlySaneMan in the sprite comics MMSC parodies.
* FlatWhat: Megaman says this in the first panel of every single comic.
* GeniusCripple: Uncle Proton is implied to be one of these in-universe, although his scientific advice is... questionable.
* InNameOnly: The comic's relation to the canon Mega Man games is practically nonexistent.
* OneSceneWonder: Sugarman and Pharaohman are both incredibly popular, despite only ever showing up once in the comic.
* TrademarkFavoriteFood: B-ball pasta. Megaman's comes out awful, though.
* TheVoiceless: Bass. Lampshaded [[http://megamanspritecomic.tumblr.com/post/23990484558/will-bass-ever-have-a-line-in-mega-man-sprite-comic here.]]
* WordOfGay: Supplemental material reveals that although Zero isn't gay, his boyfriend Crashman is.
[[folder: Megaman Sprite Comic ]]
* BirthdayEpisode: Megaman and Zero buy Snakeman a present for his birthday. [[http://megamanspritecomic.tumblr.com/post/51877913313/if-you-overhype-yourself-you-might-just-set It's as awful as it sounds.]]
* CaptainErsatz: [[DiscussedTrope Discussed,]] then averted with the [[http://megamanspritecomic.tumblr.com/post/32599367222/there-is-no-point-in-taking-evasive-measures-for "Grurphs".]]
--> '''Megaman:''' "isn't it weird how small webcomics like this make minor unsubtle changes to a trademarked name to avoid lawsuits"
--> '''Megaman:''' "as if the company that owns the trademark would sue a webcomic
--> '''Megaman:''' "i might as well just call them the smurfs and be done with it"
* CompressedHair: Zero's hair. [[http://megamanspritecomic.tumblr.com/post/23924167069/will-zero-ever-take-off-his-helmet-and-show-his-manly It never really ends.]]
* ContestWinnerCameo: Sugarman is supposedly one of these for a guy named Jim.
** DeathByCameo: He dies the panel after his introduction.
* CousinOliver: [[http://megamanspritecomic.tumblr.com/post/53227895592/even-when-you-are-abandoned-there-are-people-who Devvin,]] although Uncle Proton accurately describes him as a disgrace to his entire family.
* DepthDeception: [[http://megamanspritecomic.tumblr.com/post/15245251789/in-the-world-of-business-perspective-means in the world of business, perspective means everything]]
* DoubleEntendre / CompensatingForSomething: [[http://megamanspritecomic.tumblr.com/post/38223772202/when-you-dont-know-what-anyone-is-talking-about Here.]]
* HalfTheManHeUsedToBe: Zero is bisected by a b-ball. He gets better.
** Snakeman's nephew.
* HehHehYouSaidX: [[http://megamanspritecomic.tumblr.com/post/15399603143/a-good-joke-can-bring-light-to-even-the-darkest-of pc world? more like PISSY world]]
* HelpingGrannyCrossTheStreet: [[http://megamanspritecomic.tumblr.com/post/45953027257/respecting-your-elders-is-always-important slam dunk]]
* LethalChef: [[http://megamanspritecomic.tumblr.com/post/15186795662/megaman-makes-the-first-steps-on-the-path-to-a rip zero, he died choking on basketball]]
** Later, Megaman takes advantage of this to [[http://megamanspritecomic.tumblr.com/post/15187268115/megaman-sabotages-zeros-only-chance-at-love ruin Zero's romantic life.]]
* MediumBlending: [[http://megamanspritecomic.tumblr.com/post/17946693971/change-always-comes-but-sometimes-it-is-for-the Megaman and friends enter the third dimension.]]
* NiceHat: Subversion-- Snakeman's cool new fedora makes Megaman hate him even more.
* NoodleIncident: [[http://megamanspritecomic.tumblr.com/post/26523384151/if-we-never-try-anything-we-get-stuck-doing-the The shrimp disc.]]
* ShoutOut: Uncle Proton is apparently a [[Series/DoctorWho Time Lord.]]
** Airman telling Megaman that "he doesn't eat or drink anymore" is a reference to the comic Buntain Simpson.
* SingleEpisodeHandicap: Inverted-- Uncle Proton becomes fit and sheds his leg cast. Immediately afterwards, he falls over and breaks his leg again, forcing him to get back in the wheelchair.
* StealthPun: Zero refers to the Vile's ghost as a "vile apparition."
* TheyKilledKennyAgain: Snakeman's nephew.
* TheUnreveal: [[http://megamanspritecomic.tumblr.com/post/25742901403/when-something-important-is-happening-to-you-never the secret is becoming revealed]]
* WheelchairAntics: Apparently, being a paraplegic doesn't prevent Uncle Proton from shooting hoops, or [[http://megamanspritecomic.tumblr.com/post/15327684613/if-you-oversteer-your-goals-you-can-oversteer-your participating in a drag race.]]
[[folder: Megaman Sprite Game ]]
* BadEnding: [[spoiler: You get arrested for jaywalking and spend the rest of your life in prison, contemplating your poor life choices. No, seriously.]]
* BedsheetGhost: Most of the ghosts you encounter are like this.
* BonusBoss: Yellow Devil.
* BorrowedCatchphrase: Megaman asks Zero "are you in or are you skin" before realizing that he's quoting Quickman and berates himself for reminding himself of that prick.
* BrickJoke: [[spoiler: Please do not step on the grass.]]
* BroughtToYouByTheLetterS: All the enemies in the final area have a W emblazoned on their person. [[spoiler: It stands for Wacky, not Wily, though.]]
** The "three man" enemy is literally a giant number three.
* CantYouReadTheSign: Early in the game, there's a sign a couple steps off the path in the middle of a patch of grass. If you go up to read it, it tells you not to step off the grass.
** [[spoiler: Halfway through the game, you're stopped by a cop who says that you've been reported to the authorities for stepping off the path. If you stepped off the path at any point prior to this during the game, Snakeman will give the cop photographic evidence of you walking off the path. Megaman and Zero spend the rest of their lives in prison.]]
* DeadGuyJunior: [[spoiler: The default name for the new dogmobile that hatches from the egg is "Dogmobile II."]]
* EasterEgg: [[spoiler: Bass can be seen by walking in a crevice in the first cave.]]
* ExtremeOmnivore: Uncle Proton. [[spoiler: He '''eats''' his way out of his cage!]]
-->'''Big Ghost:''' "not all ghosts haunt people you racist"
* GiantMook: The big phantom.
* GiantSpaceFleaFromNowhere: [[spoiler: Iris.]]
* GrievousHarmWithABody: You stuff your dad in your inventory early on in the game, and you can throw him at your opponents during battle.
* GrimyWater: Swimming in the purple waters of the Ghost World doesn't have any effect on the player characters themselves, but Dr. Dad looks sick while you're swimming in it.
* HelloInsertNameHere: You get to name [[spoiler: the new dogmobile.]]
* HeroicSacrifice: [[spoiler: Dogmobile]]
* HijackedByGanon: Given the source material, you should have expected there as someone behind the ghost uprising.
** [[spoiler: It's not Wily.]]
* KingMook: The ghost king, natch.
* LoveAtFirstSight: Before the final boss battle, [[spoiler: Mother, the final boss reveals that when Dr. Dad was young, he went fishing because he was lonely and he fished up Mother.]] It was love at first sight.
* MacGuffinGuardian: Pharoahman is an interesting example. In addition to stealing Uncle Proton's meds, he simultaneously guards the second magic b-ball.
* MacGuffinMelee: Quickman and Megaman duel over the final magic b-ball, all-or-nothing.
* MadeOfExplodium: The caecilians often blow up.
* ManBehindTheMan: The Ghost King wasn't the one who started the ghost uprising at all. [[spoiler: It was Mother.]]
* MetalSlime: Sugarman takes this to the logical extreme-- killing him gives you more EXP than any other enemy in the game, but his HP and defense are huge and he runs away soon after the battle starts.
* NeverSpeakIllOfTheDead: Zero invokes this after Megaman calls [[spoiler: the recently deceased Quickman]] a prick.
* OneSceneWonder: Invoked in-universe. When [[spoiler: Roll says she's leaving Megaman for Air, Bright and Flashman, Megaman complains that they haven't been in more than two comics,]] and they didn't even leave a lasting impression like Pharaohman did.
* OneWingedAngel: [[spoiler: Iris transforms into a horrifying monstrosity a couple turns into the fight with her.]]
* PlotCoupon: The three magic b-balls, which you need to collect to wish away the ghosts.
* RantInducingSlight: Megaman tells a big ghost that he thought he was being haunted. The big ghost explodes in anger at the suggestion that all ghosts are evil poltergeist. [[spoiler: This is what makes the big ghost turn their world into the ghost world.]]
* RockMonster: Subverted by the boulder blocking your path in the beginning-- it apologizes for being a nuisance before getting out of your way.
* ShoutOut: The desert pumpkin enemy will occasionally yell, "I don't want that!" This references the infamous game Pumkin World.
** WordOfGod says that [[spoiler: the game's BadEnding]] was intended as a reference to VideoGame/CaveStory's [[spoiler: infamously difficult-to-reach good ending.]]
** The game's [[spoiler: fakeout]] ending [[spoiler: references [[VideoGame/MegaManLegends Mega Man Legends 2's]] ending, in which Megaman is stuck on the Moon with no way of getting back to Earth.]]
*** Megaman's cry of [[spoiler: "get me off the moon" refers to the fans trying to get a third Mega Man Legends game rallying under the same banner.]]
** [[Series/BreakingBad Walt and Jesse]] make a cameo in the desert area.
** One of the enemies is an evil Pudsey doll.
** Skullman's appearance and "haunting melody" attack refer to the Skull Trumpet meme.
** The way in which [[spoiler: the Dogmobile egg hatches]] is about as direct a Franchise/Pokemon reference as you can get.
* ShowsDamage: When the player characters get low on health, they start breaking down. Their dead sprites show them in a dismantled heap on the floor.
* StableTimeLoop: [[spoiler: After Dogmobile's death, Megaman orders a new one from a ghost from the past, who asks him if he can sign on ghost paper. Megaman lies and says yes so that he can get off the phone faster. The ghost hangs up right before Megaman and Zero realize that the ghost who knocked on their door at the beginning of the game came because they ordered a dogmobile egg in the future. Past Megaman destroyed the ghost, setting the events of the game into action.]]
* SuperNotDrowningSkills: Uncle Proton has this in the underwater section.
* ToBeContinuedRightNow: Find out in Megaman Sprite Game Part 2! Which is right now, thanks for your patience.
* TheVeryDefinitelyFinalDungeon: You can't leave the final dungeon after you enter it.
** [[spoiler: Subverted-- it's a SuckECheeses.]]
* TwoBeingsOneBody: [[spoiler: Megaman and Zero combine into Megaman Zero before fighting the final form of Mother.]]
* UnwinnableByDesign: PlayedForLaughs. The game's bad ending is pretty much impossible to avoid on your first playthrough. [[spoiler: See CantYouReadTheSign.]]
* WhaleEgg: Dogmobiles hatch from eggs.
* WhatTheHellHero: Zero berates Megaman after he [[spoiler: uses the magic b-balls to teleport him and Zero onto the moon instead of resolving the plot.]]