This is the story of three people and a sign.
''[[http://marryme.keenspot.com/ Marry Me]]'' is a webcomic created and written by Bobby Crosby (''[[http://plusev.keenspot.com/ +EV]]'', ''[[http://www.lastblood.net/ Last Blood]]'') and illustrated by Remy "Eisu" Mokhtar (''[[http://www.nopinkponies.com/ No Pink Ponies]]''). It depicts the life of Stasia, a pop-idol of some renown who fills whatever arena she sings in. On the personal front, though, it's less of a sunshine story. Stasia's love life has turned out less than satisfactory, and she is not eager to get back into the dating scene again. Depressed and unenthusiastic, she prepares for her last show of the year.
Enter Guy. Or in fact, enter Parker, dragging Guy with her by his ear. Parker is a die-hard Stasia fan and has brought along a sign that she is intent on getting Stasia's autograph on. Guy can't understand the appeal of her music (or any other parts of her). As the show progresses, nature calls to Parker. Unfortunately, this may make her miss the big moment, but she makes Guy swear to present the sign if she doesn't make it back in time. Being a nice guy, he does. He probably shouldn't have.
''Marry Me'' is a plot-heavy romantic comedy in its purest form. You will find many romance tropes roaming about, and while the story is original in itself, the form is easily recognizable and rather predictable. [[TropesAreNotBad That doesn't stop it from being entertaining, however.]]
!!Provides Examples Of:
* AccidentalMarriage: The whole plot foundation.
* BestWoman: In the epilogue.
* BookEnds: Stasia talking to Jenny backstage before doing a concert [[spoiler:while one of them is very pregnant.]]
* BoyMeetsGirl: Guy meets Stasia...
** MeetCute: ...when Stasia asks him to marry her, on stage, in front of thousands of screaming fans.
* ChekhovsHobby: [[spoiler:Parker is training for a vampire marathon. (Which is the same thing as a normal marathon, only...[[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin by vampires]].)]]
* DoubleEntendre: "I'm in Stasia's pants tonight."
** Stasia comments that [[spoiler: she plans on wearing Janny's maternity clothes on her next tour.]]
** [[spoiler: Turtle was the spitting image of Parker.]]
* FourthDateMarriage: First played around with with Stasia and Guy's instant wedding. Then played straight [[spoiler: after he asks her to marry him for real less than 72 hours later.]]
* GoodSamaritan: Stasia is an avid giver to charity and cancer research.
* [[IAteWhat I Drank What]]: Averted when the characters ask what they're drinking ''before'' they consume it. It turns out to be blood. [[spoiler:They drink it anyway. Turns out that they had already drank it before, due to [[MakesAsMuchSenseInContext Parker is training for a vampire marathon.]]]]
* IronicEcho: Stasia says [[spoiler: that on the next tour she'd be wearing maternity clothes; guess what?]]
* MagicalDefibrillator: Parker manages to revive a clinically-dead homeless man with ''fifty-three'' applications of a defibrillator ''without'' retiring the blanket that was covering him.
* MarriageBeforeRomance: The way the story starts.
* MissingMom: Stasia and Janny's mom has been gone for years.
* NakedPeopleAreFunny: Parker trying to get a look at Stasia, forgetting that her pants are down.
* NoodleIncident: The San Diego Zoo incident. Whatever it was, it was enough to stop Stasia from donating to The Society For Happier Monkeys any more.
* NoOneCouldSurviveThat: [[spoiler:Turtle, who dived into an icy river, got shocked by an electric eel, and then was buried alive...in her mother's wedding dress.]]
** Pointedly averted, discussed and enforced with Parker's "homeless dad", who shares a name with Denny. When he finds out Denny rants about how the limit should be enforced, always. Then Stasia's dad ofers Homeless Dad!Denny $10,000 for legally change his name to Bing.
** Also despite Bodyguard!Denny objections Jenny baby was named after Parker.
* RealityIsUnrealistic: One of the News Commentators thinks the entire thing is a publicity stunt. Though, to give him credit, he does bring up some good points for it, despite them all just being coincidences. Really, REALLY, convenient coincidences.
** Also, Guy is too realistic of a pirate for audiences to connect with. [[NoodleIncident Don't ask.]]
* ScaryBlackMan: Denny the body guard.
* SexySantaDress: Stasia, Janny and Parker get in [[http://marryme.keenspot.com/d/20131225.html on this.]]
* [[StageMom Stage Dad]]: Stasia and Janny's father.
* StrangeMindsThinkAlike: During the concert Stasia gets raised by wires. She thinks "Don't drop me, Gary!" (the guy who runs the wires). As she is being lifted Parker also shouts out "Don't drop her Gary!"
* WavingSignsAround: The "Marry Me" sign itself. And of course "BERNIE SUCKS".
* WhamLine: [[spoiler: Turtle]]:"[[spoiler:No rings, just bullets.]]"