%% ZeroContextExample entries are not allowed on wiki pages. All such entries have been commented out. Add context to the entries before uncommenting them.
''Webcomic/LifeAndDeath'' is a webcomic by Jonathan Oliver about the personifications of Life (Bobby) & Death (Steve). The comic can be found [[strike:[[http://lifeanddeath.smackjeeves.com/ here]]]] [[http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Life_and_Death/ here]]
Despite the mechanics of this wiki, has nothing to do with the [[Pantheon/LifeAndDeath Pantheon.]]
The link at the top will now direct you to [[strike:the comic's Website/SmackJeeves page]] the new Drunkduck site.
%%* AnthropomorphicPersonification: Almost every major character.
* ArtEvolution: At first. It gets better in the first couple hundred strips, but then the improvement in the quality stops. Which is really too bad.
%%* AssholeVictim: [[http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Life_and_Death/5336082/ here]]
%%** Steve himself qualifies.
* BatterUp: One of Steve's favourite weapons is a cricket bat.
* BearsAreBadNews / EverythingsBetterWithPlushies: Why else would a valkyrie [[http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Life_and_Death/5243848/ buy one.]]
* BigBrotherInstinct: He has a fair tolerance for people badmouthing him (with exception to "dress" cracks and related crimes), but one sincerely ill word of his sister and he will be at your fraggin' throat, as seen [[http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Life_and_Death/5129499/ here]]. Yikes.
%%* BlackComedy: It's Steve. What did you expect?
* BoxAndStickTrap: The Boss guesses that Chaos was able to find Steve in the vast Sands of Time using a six pack of beer and a crate (actually it was twenty six-packs laced with enough drugs to put an elephant to sleep).
%%* BreakingTheFourthWall: [[http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Life_and_Death/4882384/ Happens occasionally.]]
* CantArgueWithElves: Torn to shreds by the Boss in the most deadpan manner possible. (But not to ScrewYouElves levels)
* ChangingClothesIsAFreeAction: Chaos' shirt is never the same color from panel to panel.
* CharacterizationMarchesOn: In comic [[http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Life_and_Death/4847503/ #313]], Steve takes a very blase attitude toward magic. Fast forward a few hundred comics, and you get Steve's fleshed-out backstory, and some ''very'' compelling reasons for why he doesn't like using magic.
** The type of magic he's doing in this strip is way less dangerous than the type of magic that he's scared of. As of comic [[http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Life_and_Death/5389788/ #1092]], he's ''summoning a black hole on the moon'', and he's justifiably scared...
* ComedicSociopathy: Steve takes his job as Death very seriously and a lot of the people he takes die in some pretty weird ways. However, he doesn't usually go out of his way to be a jerk unless his target is stupid, undead, or the Phoenix bird.
%%* CoolMask: Bobby's mask. Arguably Steve's hood as well.
%%* CutHisHeartOutWithASpoon: Steve.
* DayInTheLife: A lot of strips focus on Sally, who's filling in as Death while Steve is away, going about the normal routine of being a reaper. Both Steve and Sally take a very...active role in making sure the person that's supposed to die does so.
%%* EverythingsBetterWithPlatypus: Chaos.
* EvilTastesGood: Apparently [[http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Life_and_Death/5223082/ the living soul of a mage tastes like strawberries]]
%%* TheFaceless: Steve, at first, Bobby, so far.
* FantasticRacism: The elves REALLY don't like the [[http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Life_and_Death/5128941/ dark elves]], Steve and his family included.
%%* FlamingHair: Chaos.
* FourFingeredHands: Most of the characters have four fingers, except for Chaos who only has three. He is, of course, [[http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Life_and_Death/4982053/ totally aware of that.]]
--> (after Fate asks Chaos not to interfere with his recording.)
--> '''Chaos''': ''... oh, alright. Forgive me if I don't "pinky swear" it, but I don't seem to have any.''
* GargleBlaster: [[http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Life_and_Death/4838166/ This comic]]. And Steve ''still drinks it''. His begging the snowman to do the same on the basis of him not wanting to be the only one in the emergency room is not far-fetched.
%%* GiantEnemyCrab: First seen [[http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Life_and_Death/5380669/ here]] then [[FromBadToWorse it got worse]].
* GodlySidestep: When Death asks which religion is right, God whispers in his ear. Death is surprised, meaning it's something unusual.
%%* TheGrimReaper: The entire premise.
* HurricaneOfPuns / IncrediblyLamePun: Bobby and Steve have an ongoing contest based on this, to the point where it's become infectious; Lucy, the personification of Time, has taken to riding a magic carpet (Time Flies).
** The "office infirmary" is in Lucies office too (time heals all wounds).
** There are also stand-alone one-panel comics devoted entirely to these. Highlights include:
*** Bobby's custom made spice which he calls [[StealthPun Variety]].
** [[http://media.drunkduck.com.s3.amazonaws.com/users%2FJoff%2Fcomics%2FLife_and_Death%2Fweb%2F1109.png Lampshaded frequently]]
%%* WebOriginal/JennyEverywhere: Makes a cameo during the Crossover Wars.
* KillItWithFire: ''Generally'' not Steve's first choice, but can and will if necessary. Or if it would be funny.
%%* KingOfAllCosmos: The Boss, duh.
* MassiveMultiplayerCrossover: Participated in the ''Webcomic/CrossoverWars'' as well as several Halloween Cameo Capers.
* NoMouth: [[http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Life_and_Death/5030230/ When obscured,]] even by just shadows, Steve's mouth, not to mention the rest of his face, literally ''ceases to exist in any physical dimension''. However, the spell that facilitates this does so by way of "make it so nobody but me can touch my face" so he can still speak, eat, etc.
* NoodleIncident: Apparently, Chaos isn't very trustworthy in the Boss' eyes due to "that time in Thailand."
* OnceKilledAManWithANoodleImplement: Azrael once killed Cthulhu with a gopher and a damp sponge.
* OutOfFocus: Bobby. For a comic called '''Life''' ''and'' Death, the Personification of Life is hardly in it.
%%* RummageFail: ''Weaponized'', of all things, by Sally [[http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Life_and_Death/5400016/ here.]]
* RunningGag: Several. The "wizard hat" and the pink elephants are used fairly frequently (usually together), Steve's inability to catch the phoenix, and Chaos' obsession with the platypus, or the fact that his shirt changes in every panel.
* StableTimeLoop At first it seems there is one with Future Steve. [[spoiler:But then it turns out that this is not how things were supposed to turn out, so Fate created the loop and every iteration nudged Steve towards the right decision a bit more. The results can be seen in the comic.]]
* SomeCallMeTim: Sally's full name is [[http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Life_and_Death/4918897/ Salyana Elathna'fury]]
** Steve's brother is [[PunctuationShaker N'mosada]] but everyone calls him Nemo.
%%* ThisMeansWar: Chaos pulls a very chilling one, a [[BewareTheNiceOnes stark contrast compared to his usual carefree self.]]
%%* TricksterMentor: Chaos
%%* YouAreAlreadyDead: Steve pulls this on Shadowheart. Being death makes it [[TouchOfDeath fairly easy to do]].
* YouKeepUsingThatWord: Mentioned by Steve [[http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Life_and_Death/5330385/ here]], where he's called a wizard quite often by everyone on the goblin pirate ship.
* YourUniverseOrMine: Bobby is dating Brunhilda from ''Webcomic/TheKamics''
%%* ZombieApocalypse: As part of the [[http://www.dragoneers.com/halloween2008/ 2008 Halloween Cameo Caper]]