[[caption-width:330:Not in Kansas]]
''[[http://www.joyridecomic.com/ Joyride]]'' is the tale of Rei, a nurse who gets lost in another galaxy where medicine is barely understood and her knowledge has the certain power to change everything.
Rei was just a nurse studying herbal remedies. She long ago dreamed of exploring the stars, and meeting new people out in space. But [[DeathByOriginStory a death in the family]] made her realize that she was better suited to attend to more earthly concerns, like medicine. And as for those other people she dreamed of meeting amid the stars? [[SillyRabbitIdealismIsForKids She forgot about them.]] It seems, however, that those 'other people' didn't forget about her...
* AliensAreBastards: Inverted/subverted; the Aindanse see all Offworlders as untrustworthy.
-->'''Rei:''' Haven't you ever heard of the phrase "innocent until proven guilty"?
-->'''Rafeal:''' What kind of ridiculous Offworlder saying is that?
* AliensSpeakingEnglish: Via translator nanites. Cultural concepts and traditions are left untranslated.
* AloofBigBrother: Rafeal, to balance Micheal
* AnnoyingYoungerSibling: Micheal, to balance Rafeal
* NoPeriodsPeriod: Averted. One of the first things Micheal finds while rummaging through Rei's purse is...well...a pad.
* [[OrdinaryHighSchoolStudent Ordinary Medical Intern]]
* PardonMyKlingon: Sveara he!
* ProductPlacement: Butterfingers really should be paying Kao.
* PuppyDogEyes: Used extensively.
* TrappedInAnotherWorld: 'Not in Kansas' indeed.
* WideEyedIdealist: It's implied that Rei was one before a death in the family.
* [[YouGottaHaveBlueHair You Gotta Have Purple Hair]]: Rei, the human has purple hair; whilst the two aliens we first meet have auburn hair. This is offset by them having blue and green skin.