A comic that flitters between parody of and earnest follower of RPG video games. Follows the RPGMechanicsVerse format. The story so far revolves around Lance, your typical [[TheHero Hero]] and features original characters as they travel through lands with the typical quirks/flaws of the RPG genre. Also sometimes features strips based on actual video games, such as ''Franchise/FinalFantasy''.
You can find it [[http://www.goldcoincomics.com here]].
!!This work provides examples of:
* CherryTapping: Near the beginning, two spiders almost kill Lance this way. They do TWO points of damage.
* CombatBreakdown: When two magic users [[http://gcc.goldcoincomics.com/?page=83 run out of magic, it turns into]] a WimpFight.
* DoomedHometown: It burned down, though how the fire started is unknown. It's name? Kindling.
* FlamingSword: Lance is really excited when he finds out [[http://gcc.goldcoincomics.com/?page=149 this can be done by imbuing his sword with fire magic]].
* TheHero: Lance.
* HeroesPreferSwords: Lance lampshades this trope.
* NoHeroDiscount: Pointed out in [[http://www.goldcoincomics.com/?id=15 this]] strip, where the shopkeeper explains the reasons behind those high prices.
* TheDulcineaEffect: When Lance first meets Silvia, [[http://www.goldcoincomics.com/?id=44 they encounter a wolf-boss]]. He is willing to stand in front of Silvia to protect her, even though they met a few minutes earlier.