''[=EvilFTW=]'' (also called ''Evil FTW'' and ''Evil for the Win'') is a web original with a full comic. It started out with a series of stories, then one-day scripts with a header picture on Website/LiveJournal, and finally the Website/DeviantArt comic.
''[=EvilFTW=]'' is placed somewhat in the real world. It is a superhero-type comic, except it focuses on the villains: Selan, Selanio and Xeno. Under the respective codenames of Lady Ira, Baron von Boom and Omen, the three regularly terrorize the city, hindered only by the local superhero, Apogee (named after a part of a planetary/satellite orbit, of all things), and their own weaknesses. Baron von Boom has shown thoughts of becoming the team's leader and displacing the bubbly Lady Ira, but Omen and the baron's own mistakes have prevented this thus far.
Found here: http://evilftw.livejournal.com/ and http://selanpike.deviantart.com/
The sequel, ''[=EvilFTW: Applied Villainy=]'', is now out. It can be found here: http://appliedvillainy.tumblr.com/
!!Contains Examples of:
* AerithAndBob: On one side of the spectrum, there's Ann. On the other, there's Xenophon.
* AffablyEvil: Practically everyone in this series is some shade of this -- even Reza is amiable enough when he tries to convince Ira's group to join his regime over some drinks -- but Selan and Ann probably exemplify this trope best. In the very first episode Selan is trying to give her new rivals a fruit basket, and Ann, well, does the affable part so much that she forgets the evil most of the time.
* AfraidOfNeedles: Selan and Tavvy.
* AlternateUniverse: This story is actually an alternate universe that contains characters from many of Selan's other stories, as well as a couple characters borrowed from author friends' stories.
* ArtEvolution: Compare the header pictures of [[http://evilftw.livejournal.com/962.html episode 1]], [[http://evilftw.livejournal.com/27993.html episode 93]], [[http://evilftw.livejournal.com/41691.html episode 138]], and [[http://evilftw.livejournal.com/26283.html episode 86]].
* AuthorAvatar: Selan\Lady Ira is Selan, the author.
* BadassCape: Reza and Professor Pain both wear one, and they're two of the most powerful people in the series. Adamo also has a cape, but he's more of a subversion.
* BadPowersBadPeople: Reza gets "spooky black energy" as his superpower.
* BarrierWarrior: This is Selan's thing. She can also throw kunai pretty well, apparently, [[InformedAbility but is barely ever seen doing so after the first few episodes, and when she does bother throwing any kunai, they all miss.]] Also, Corbett.
* BattleCouple: Brian and Ann are a borderline-ToyShip Battle Couple, [[spoiler:just like Brian's parents, the supervillain duo Gamma and Beta, were before his dad got arrested]]. [[spoiler:Selan and Selanio qualify as well.]]
* BeachEpisode: Episode 41.
* BilingualDialogue: Selan and Selanio have spent part of an episode talking to each other in two different languages (Selan in Japanese, and Selanio in Russian).
* BumblingDad: Joseph.
* CardCarryingVillain: Lady Ira's group, Baron von Boom in particular.
* ClarkKenting: In spades. None of the villains bother covering their face when in costume ? really, Selanio barely even changes from his civilian clothes to become Baron von Boom. (The only noticeable difference between the Baron and Selanio in his normal clothes is the black bowtie that the Baron wears.) Tavvy at least makes an effort with the eye-covering goggles, but the fact that he has bright green hair and makes no effort to hide this as Apogee definitely takes a few points off. To be fair, their secret identities don?t really stay all that secret.
* ConvenientComa: [[spoiler:Reza, coupled with LaserGuidedAmnesia.]]
* CornerOfWoe: Xeno in the header picture of [[http://evilftw.livejournal.com/27661.html episode 92]].
* DatingCatwoman: Selan and Tavvy were in a relationship, but it didn?t last.
* DeathRay: Quantum, as the resident mad scientist, has one.
* DefrostingIceQueen: Turns out Meredith [[spoiler:just needed Joseph to convince her not to feel guilty about letting him rot in jail]].
-->''' Selan:''' Selan hates pant shopping too, you know, this would be so much easier if you'd just tell me if my ass looks okay.
-->''' Selanio:''' Well, I'm not gonna. u_u;
-->''' Selan:''' Whyyy?
-->''' Selanio:''' Because your ass defies so many laws of Euclidean geometry that it would drive anyone who looks at it insane. It's like something out of Lovecraft.
* DoggedNiceGuy: Adamo.
* EmbarrassingRescue: There have been multiple times where Apogee saves the main villains -- either because the villains were in their civilian identity and Apogee was just saving them as he would any normal civilian, or because Apogee's just [[WideEyedIdealist too good a guy]] to not help out people in their time of need, even when those people are his arch-enemies.
* EmotionBomb: Dalix's superpower, along with invulnerability.
* EnemyMine: Apogee and Ira's group team up quite a lot, actually, whether it's against aliens, Ira's kidnappers, or some other supervillain.
* EnergyWeapon: This is Dorcia's superpower. She prefers [[SinisterScythe energy scythes]].
* EverythingsBetterWithDinosaurs: Selan considers getting some dinosaurs in one episode, but unfortunately she doesn't live in a universe where dinosaurs are that readily available.
* EverythingsBetterWithSparkles: Sparkles are Adamo's superpower, and he's constantly surrounded by them. If anyone thinks that things are better with sparkles, it's this guy.
* EverythingsNuttierWithSquirrels: Selanio is technically afraid of almost all small furry creatures, but usually it's specifically the squirrels that are brought out to scare him.
* EvilLaugh: Selanio supposedly is the best at evil laughing out of the trio. Selan prefers an [[GigglingVillain evil giggle]] and Xeno is... well... [[TheStoic Xeno]].
* FacialMarkings: Reza has a tattoo of some sort right under his left eye. Professor Marika has some sort of marking under his eye, too.
* FailureIsTheOnlyOption: Lady Ira's group will never achieve world domination, nor will Apogee ever manage to arrest them.
* FanConvention: The 100th episode takes place in a comic book convention called Ubercon (apparently with no relation to the real-world New Jersey gaming convention).
* FlatWhat: Several times, and occasionally in Russian. The header picture of [[http://evilftw.livejournal.com/28796.html episode 96]], for example.
* ForTheEvulz: Main motivation of the characters, but rarely so extreme.
* GadgeteerGenius: Brian and Ann are a sort of BattleCouple consisting of two of these. Brian has, on one occasion, made Tesla?s death ray based on the technology available at the time simply to relieve stress, and Ann has considered inventing cold fusion for the purpose of one invention.
* GenerationXerox: Turns out Brian and Ann are a lot like Brian's parents were back in the day. [[spoiler:Specifically, Brian and Ann are a supervillain duo, with Brian being the villainous one and Ann just tagging along -- just like Joseph and Meredith were a supervillain duo, with Meredith being the villainous one and Joseph just tagging along.]]
* GeniusBruiser: Selanio's superpower is SuperStrength, sure, but he's also much better at making bombs than any normal college student should be, and he gets straight A's in his classes.
* GlowingEyesOfDoom: Omen's eyes glow when he uses his powers. Same goes for Dalix.
* GogglesDoNothing: Lady Ira has goggles as part of her costume, but she doesn't even bother putting them on her eyes.
* GogglesDoSomethingUnusual: Apogee's goggles, on the other hand, are bulletproof.
* GoneHorriblyRight: Clovis [[spoiler:was once part of a government experiment designed to give soldiers superpowers -- they managed to get it right with Clovis, but it probably wasn't the best idea to continue inhumane tests on someone who's more powerful than all the scientists that worked there combined.]]
* GoodHairEvilHair: Selanio's pencil mustache puts him on the evil side of the hair spectrum; it's pretty fitting for his CardCarryingVillain status.
* HatesBeingTouched: Selan.
* HeroesWantRedheads: Selan can be considered an example of both of this and a RedHeadedHero, being both the leader of the three main characters and the love interest of one of those characters.
* HeroicBSOD: Xeno is prone to having these. One major BSOD occurred when [[spoiler: he lost control of his powers and completely destroyed downtown]], and another one when [[spoiler: Ipati died]].
* HumanAliens: Indrid and Smith look pretty human (even if Selanio swears that Indrid looks like a short person someone stretched out) but it's not their true form.
* HuskyRusskie: Selanio's superpower is SuperStrength, he's pretty tall, and he's "terminally Russian".
-->''' Selan:''' Take that, ''Apogeek''!
-->''' Apogee:''' Apogeek? Is that seriously the best you can come up with?
* IntrepidReporter: Drei Valdis.
* LargeHam: Adamo, when first introduced.
* LaserGuidedAmnesia: [[spoiler:Reza, after Indrid's done with him in episode 80.]]
* LethalChef: Selan, allegedly.
* LovesMyAlterEgo: Arco is head-over-heels in fangirl love with Omen, and only starts dating Xeno [[ClarkKenting because he happens to look a lot like him.]]
* TheMenInBlack: Indrid and Smith are benevolent examples of the alien type. Smith even has the suspiciously common Anglo-Saxon name.
* AMindIsATerribleThingToRead: Note that the two most angsty characters in the series are the psychic ones. [[spoiler:And one of them commits suicide, too.]]
* OlderThanTheyLook: Aldon looks like he's ten, but he's really fifty-eight.
* OpenMindedParent: Brian spends some time trying to hide the fact that he's a villain from his mother Meredith, [[spoiler:but it turns out she knew the entire time. Oh, and Joseph's pretty okay with it too.]]
* PetitePride: Selan is relatively flatchested. She's less than happy when Apogee signs a toy deal and the resulting Lady Ira action figure completely ignores this fact.
--> '''Lady Ira (throwing kunai at Apogee): ''' We're totally taking you down today, man! No one gets away with giving me huge jubblies!
* PoisonousFriend: Ipati.
* PowerIncontinence: Xeno, with his emotion-controlled psychic powers, is bound to have this. Although he had some trouble keeping his powers under control when he first received them, by the time the series properly starts he has already solved that problem... but it's still not the best idea to get him mad.
* ScarfOfAsskicking: Omen.
* SleevesAreForWimps: Part of Apogee's costume.
* SmokeOut: Lady Ira's preferred exit method.
-->''' Omen (coughing):''' Was the smoke bomb necessary? Really?!
-->''' Lady Ira:''' I HAD TO, Omen! It?s a little thing called STYLE.
* SmugSnake: Stesha.
* SpockSpeak: Indrid is not a big fan of contractions.
* SocialDarwinist: Reza.
* StellarName: Apogee.
* SternTeacher: Professor Marika is like this - both as an actual professor and as Tavvy?s mentor.
* ThirdPersonPerson: Selanio and Selan refer to themselves in third person on occasion, both as themselves and as their alter egos.
* TouchedByVorlons: Tavvy and Xeno.
* UnsoundEffect: [+ FACE!+ ]
* VigilanteMan: [[spoiler:Marika used to be one of these (hence his rather villainous-sounding superhero name) but, unlike many examples of this trope, it's treated as a dark past rather than a heroic thing.]]
* WeaksauceWeakness: Selanio is deathly afraid of small furry animals. Also, Selan's hypoglycemia means that eating sugary foods renders her completely useless in battle, and even without sugar she's apt to faint from exhaustion eventually.
* WhiteHairBlackHeart: Downplayed. Stesha is white-haired and a generally unpleasant character.
* WholesomeCrossdresser: Kesava.
* WillTheyOrWontThey: Selan and Selanio. [[spoiler:As of episode 90, they're an OfficialCouple. It's not like anyone didn't see it coming.]]
* WireDilemma: Apogee is in this situation when trying to turn off Quantum's death ray. They end up all being green.
* WouldntHitAGirl: Clovis.
* YouRemindMeOfX: Brian reminds Joseph of Meredith, apparently.