''[[http://www.epidigm.net/arcadia Even in Arcadia]]'' is a fantasy webcomic by Anise Shaw. The comic begins with Kendrion Lochdale traveling to see Master Odai, an Emerged in Niyam, a foreign country to him. Through Kendrion we are introduced to Odai's apprentice, Laelen, with whom he shares a hometown. Laelen is under stress because she is the first foreign apprentice to an Emerged and many native Fae treat her with contempt and racism.
Even in Arcadia was started in March 2011 in colour, it now updates in black and white with sporadic colour pages on Tuesdays.
* TheBartender: Kendrion spends time in the first chapter [[http://epidigm.net/arcadia/2011/05/17/the-sojourner-page-15/ pouring his rejected heart out]] to a barmaid who ends up [[http://epidigm.net/arcadia/2011/05/31/the-sojourner-page-17/ giving him advice.]]
* FantasticRacism: Laelen is subject to this in almost [[http://epidigm.net/arcadia/2011/06/14/the-sojourner-page-19/ every scene]] [[http://epidigm.net/arcadia/2011/07/12/the-sojourner-page-23/ dealing with a Fae]] [[http://epidigm.net/arcadia/2011/08/02/the-sojourner-page-26/ who is not Odai]].
* FantasyCounterpartCulture: The author [[http://epidigm.net/arcadia/2011/04/04/an-interview-with-anise/ explicitly states]] that the story is an allegory of 19th Century China and their relationship with British Imperialists.
* FunctionalMagic: All magic shown so far in the story is this, and Emergence seems to be almost like a type of [[http://epidigm.net/arcadia/2011/05/03/the-sojourner-page-13/ magic neurology]].
* RetiredBadass and OldMaster are very apt descriptions of Master Odai.