[[http://thecodecrimson.com/ The Code Crimson]] is an ongoing scifi comic blending adorable art with brutal violence, complicated characters, and alien espionage. When Serena, a quiet librarian, starts hearing a paranoid voice in her head, her nightmares of alien attacks all begin to come true. Her best friend Fitz discovers her secret, and together they escape to unravel a menacing conspiracy stretching across time and space. It's what would happen if WesternAnimation/ThePowerpuffGirls, Creator/QuentinTarantino, and ''Series/DoctorWho'' had a threesome. Updates every Wednesday.
!! The Code Crimson contains examples of
* AlienBlood: [[http://www.comics.thecodecrimson.com/?webcomic_post=issue-1-page-22/ Issue 1]] has some tentacle boys who leave splatters of green blood.
* DualityMotif: One red eye and one grey eye, depending on who's in charge at the moment.
* GayBestFriend: Fitz to Serena, though subverted in that he's hardly camp, we meet [[http://www.comics.thecodecrimson.com/?webcomic_post=issue-1-page-11/ Fitz's ex boyfriend]] early on, and it's Serena who gives him [[http://thecodecrimson.com/post/24996196275/issue-1-page-6-oh-fitz-we-missed-you-so-much/ romantic advice]], not the other way around. She's the one who [[http://thecodecrimson.com/post/18787733979/issue0-page2-3/ never seems to date]].
* GoryDiscretionShot: [[PlayingWithATrope Played]] with in [[http://www.comics.thecodecrimson.com/?webcomic_post=issue-1-page-14/ Issue 1]] during [[spoiler:Miguel's]] surprise death. We see silhouettes of the murder, followed by a sneering blood-splattered reaction shot, and then his bloody corpse awash in a sea of blood. [[OverdrawnAtTheBloodBank So much blood...]]
* HalfTheManHeUsedToBe: Or half the woman, in [[http://www.comics.thecodecrimson.com/?webcomic_post=issue-1-page-20/ this case]].
* KaleidoscopeEyes: Whenever Serena's right eye turns red, bad stuff is about to go down.
* OverdrawnAtTheBloodBank: Used often for artistic affect during [[http://www.comics.thecodecrimson.com/?webcomic_post=issue-1-page-14/ killing sprees]]. Even showed up using [[http://thecodecrimson.com/post/45803297288/issue-2-page-18-so-very-happy-to-be-back-home/ sprockets]] instead of blood during a robot battle.
* SecretIdentityIdentity: Hints of this from the very start, as Serena is haunted by a voice in her head. [[spoiler:Confirmed]] halfway through [[http://www.comics.thecodecrimson.com/?webcomic_post=issue-1-page-12/ Issue 1]].
* SharingABody: The protagonist has an ongoing case of this, with two very distinctive personalities.
* StarfishAliens: [[http://www.comics.thecodecrimson.com/?webcomic_post=issue-1-page-21/ So]] [[http://www.comics.thecodecrimson.com/?webcomic_post=issue-2-page-4/ many]] [[http://www.comics.thecodecrimson.com/?webcomic_post=issue-2-page-6/ tentacles]]...
* TitleDrop: The title of every issue is also a line in the comic.