[[http://betweenthelines.sosdg.org Between The Lines]] is a comic about a group of transgender teens. Main characters, Shay and Dani must simultaneously navigate the challenges of adolescence, while also dealing with complicated issues related to gender and identity.
The author has decided to discontinue the webcomic, but will be publishing the series on paper. The webcomic pages can be found on their Website/DeviantArt. As of March 2015, the strip is on hiatus and while it is unknown when it will continue, the author has stated that the comic hasn't been scrapped and that she's planning to work on different projects for the time being [[https://www.facebook.com/btl.comic/posts/1067294139965297]].
''For the British InternalAffairs police procedural of the same title, see Series/BetweenTheLines. For the comic strip of the same name, see ComicStrip/BetweenTheLines''
* AbusiveParents: Danny/Dani has some. Kevin/Shay's father is more "an ass" than outright physically abusive.
* AllThereInTheManual: several characters not yet introduced have art with names tagged to them on several extra areas of the comic site.
* ContinuityReboot: The comic was changed three times throughout its run. The first chapter started in 2006, although most of it was lost [[http://mekari.deviantart.com/art/Between-the-Lines-page-14-44475635 excluding two pages]]. Then it was rebooted into 4 new chapters between 2007-2011, to which Chapter 4 [[http://mekari.deviantart.com/art/Between-the-Lines-Chap4-pg21-251417625 was never completely finished]]. Between Late July and Early August of 2014, 7 pages for the new reboot [[http://mekari.deviantart.com/art/Between-the-Lines-page-1-470088909 were released online]]. As of March 2015, the series has been placed on hiatus [[https://www.facebook.com/btl.comic/posts/1067294139965297]].
* NotSoDifferent: Nicholas/Nikki and Kevin/Shay.
* SliceOfLife: Unlike other transsexual webcomics, this strip is much more down to earth and takes its issues seriously, with limited amount of humor.
* TheWoobie: Dani is this in a nutshell. Constantly abused at home and school and treated ridiculed by his parents for cross-dressing.
* TransSexual: Both Shay and Dani are both transsexual girls.
* TransEqualsGay: To an extent with Kevin himself as he thought he was gay before having gender confusion.