[[caption-width-right:200: Accel and Faye]]
''[[http://www.amyachronicles.com/ Amya]]'' is a fantasy graphic novel about the adventures of a mute spell-touched girl and her unlikely companions as they are pulled into an adventure that is greater than any of them could have anticipated or ever expect to fulfill. This unlikely group traverses a dangerous world in search of answers amidst a brewing war.
'''Chapter One : Unexpected Meetings'''
For a young spell-touched named Faye, trips to the market are a regular endeavour. However, when she runs into a figure from her past they are unexpectedly tossed into a journey neither of them could foresee. Join the adventure of this unlikely due as they traverse a high-fantasy world in search of answers amidst a brewing war.
'''Chapter Two : The Monster of Erishore'''
For two young adventurers such as Accel and Faye, the town of Erishore seems 'questionable' at best. A string of recent murders brings a new challenge to the pair as they struggle to find their way home, meet a new companion, and catch wind of daunting news that brings a new sense of foreboding to their situation.
'''Chapter Three : Conflict At Deepwall'''
Returning home seemed a simple task at first. However, as Accel and Kaden continue to lead Faye homeward they find the course of their fate is about to be altered for good. As the mystery surrounding Faye and her destiny continues to unravel, we will meet a new villain and find new friends along the road to Deepwall.
'''Chapter Four : The Capital'''
!!This webcomic provides examples of:
* ActionGirl: Lenna is easily the buffest member of the core cast so far. Faye isn't remotely so, but she has her own fairly spectacular moments. [[spoiler:Kaden turns out to be a woman who passes as male for private reasons.]]
* AntiHero: [[spoiler:Felix]] is explicitly listed on the character page under "The Antiheroes," suggesting his motives for his actions are much deeper than what he's so far let on.
* AscendToAHigherPlaneOfExistence: According to legend, the goddess Seraphine was once a mortal woman who performed a series of heroic trials, after which she eventually ascended to godhood.
* AuthorityEqualsAsskicking: Turns out Lord Eolande has his own history of adventure.
* BigSisterBully: One side story is structured around Amelia Eolande's punishment for a particularly cruel prank she played on Faye when they were little, probably out of jealousy.
* BookWorm: Faye. She actually tries to pack dozens of books in one suitcase when she travels. Her shock when Accel tries to limit it to three is ''hilarious.''
* CatchPhrase: Vincent's "Can't get paid if you're dead." Used to justify a variety of actions.
* CrashIntoHello: Accel tumbled down some stairs and crashed into Faye early in the story.
* CuteMute: Faye.
* DarkActionGirl : Jacqueline. But it's hinted she's this because [[spoiler:of a mind control casted by Felix on her.]]
* DifferentlyPoweredIndividual: "Spelltouched".
* DreamingOfThingsToCome: At the very beginning, courtesy of Faye. [[spoiler:Later on, Accel and maybe the others get in on it too.]]
* FantasticRacism: Many elves hold half-elves like Lenna in very low regard.
* FantasyGunControl: Averted. Multiple characters are armed with flintlock pistols.
* FunctionalMagic: mostly a mixture of force and rule magic with inherent gift; as a "spelltouched" Faye has the most powerful sort of inherent gift
* GreenEyes: Accel.
* GutPunch : So after three and a half chapters, Accel has finally returned home and has his first private discussion with his father since a long while. At that point, you wouldn't expect [[spoiler: the later to draw his sword without warning and stab Accel with it.]]
* HalfHumanHybrid: Lenna is a half-elf.
* HeroWithAnFInGood: Vincent does his job because he needs to get paid - but when things start to go badly he doesn't hesitate to let his abductees loose.
* HighFantasy: the comic eschews the usual MedievalStasis of the genre for a pre-Victorian, early industrial age setting reminiscent of the early nineteenth century but includes most of the other trappings of the genre like a prophecy, a company, a lost heir, a chosen one and functional magic.
* InnocentBlueEyes: Faye.
* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: Vincent again, who is rather unscrupulous but has lines he won't cross, and is working to support family.
* MysticalWaif: Faye largely fits due to her inability to talk, though we know her family background [[spoiler:and the revelation of her connection to Seraphine comes early]] and she is welcome back at home whenever she pleases... but she does get kidnapped early on, put through the wringer (especially for someone so sheltered) and forced to go on a [[TheHerosJourney hero's journey]]. There's still a lot of mystery about the [[spoiler:exact nature of her connection to Seraphine]] and Felix's obsession with her.
* MysticalWhiteHair: The goddess Seraphine's long white locks are one of her more distinctive features, at least in various depictions of her so Faye's similar white hair may prove significant [[spoiler:and as much is said by Faye's father and the Herald]].
* PlayingWithFire: One of Faye's focuses as a Spelltouched is indeed in fire. She shows more facility with illusion magic, though.
* PsychicPowers: Felix's CharacterClass is given on the charsheet as Psion rather than Spelltouched, explaining how he can (in the words of other characters) cast spells without incantations or gestures.
* RapunzelHair: Faye. The goddess Seraphine is shown with similar hair in an illustrated book of legends, sometimes far more exaggerated than not.
* ReallySevenHundredYearsOld: Felix "appears" 34. Nobody other than him knows his true age. Even [[spoiler:Faye's father]] says Felix hasn't aged a day since first meeting him.
* RecklessGunUsage: Lampshaded [[http://www.amyachronicles.com/archives/4415 #4.08]]. Faye points the (empty) flintlock pistol her father just gave her as a self-defense weapon at Accel's head.
--> '''Accel:''' What are you doing!?\\
'''Kaden:''' That's never a wise idea, Faye -- even if it is unloaded.
* RetiredBadass: Lord Eolande was an adventurer, once upon a time. For that matter, so was his wife.
* RolePlayingGameVerse: [[TabletopGame/DungeonsAndDragons Kolyaruts and tanglefoot bags]] are mentioned by name, and [[http://www.amyachronicles.com/about/characters the character sheet]] mentions character classes. The story is explicitly based off a game the writers play in, with editing for the webcomic format.
* ScarfOfAsskicking: Accel. Well, scarf cape thing anyway.
* ShockAndAwe: Accel favors electricity magic over all else.
* SiblingRivalry: Faye's eldest sister Amelia doesn't seem to like her much, probably out of jealousy.
* SoftGlass: Averted. Faye dives through a window and sustains a lot of cuts.
* SweetPollyOliver: [[spoiler:The chapter two extras reveal that Kaden is a woman.]]
* WillTheyOrWontThey? : Faye does have feelings for Accel [[http://www.amyachronicles.com/archives/comic/5-38 that he's pretty sure he reciprocates]] but Faye's prophesied fate [[spoiler: as the avatar of the goddess Seraphine]] means [[http://www.amyachronicles.com/archives/comic/5-39 the odds are against them establishing a more significant relationship.]].
** They do [[http://www.amyachronicles.com/archives/comic/6-10 eventually.]]
* YouGottaHaveBlueHair: Accel.