A WebOriginal sci-fi comedy series following the [[TooDumbToLive intrepid]] crew of the ''SS Transolar''. Season 1 was recorded on an [[NoBudget extremely low budget]] (described by the creators as "can't even afford the shoestring" and "a budget of what we find in the couch") almost entirely in front of a [[ChromaKey green screen]]. Season 2 promises actual locations, thanks to a $30,000 Kickstarter.
Watch it [[https://www.youtube.com/user/TransolarGalactica/videos here]].
!The series provides examples of:
* AIIsACrapshoot: The ships's "Sol-Bot".
--> "''Minor glitches have been reported in only 8% of Sol-Bots, a fraction of those requiring refurbishment or resulting in gratuitous mutilation and/or death.''"
* CaptainSpaceDefenderOfEarth: Captain Trigger.
* ContinuityNod: At the end of "Sibling Rivalry", Captain Trigger asks Yasaki if he's "sober enough to snake us out that ravine", a callback to the NoodleIncident from Episode I.
* DeathByDespair: What the Sol-Bot tries to explain Samson's medical condition as in episode III, "The Will to Live". While Samson's covered in blood and shouting how he doesn't want to die.
-->'''Captain Trigger''': "How bad is it, doctor?"
-->'''Sol-Bot''': "Physically, there appears to be nothing wrong with him. It seems he has simply given up the will to live."
-->'''Samson''': "Somebody please help, I don't wanna die! I really don't wanna die! ''*spits blood*'' Oh that's not good..."
* EmpathyDollShot: Used in Yasaki's backstory in "The Return of Icarus".
* HolographicTerminal: The only kind of user interface in the series, to make things futuristic... and because all of season 1 was green screened, so all the interfaces had to be CG'd in in post.
* KillEmAll: Happens to the crew [[NegativeContinuity at an alarming frequency]].
* [[LensFlare Lens Flares]]: ''Everywhere'', as a jab at [[Film/StarTrek JJ Abrams' Star Trek]].
* LiteralMetaphor: In episode I, Captain Trigger orders the ship to ''literally'' steer to "the second star to the right and straight on till morning".
--> '''Captain Trigger''': "Let me tell you something: whether my orders are technical, dangerous or goddamned beautifully metaphorical, you better flogging well do 'em. So when I tell you, Ensign Yasaki, to take the second star to the right and drive straight on till morning, you better flogging well do it. You got that?"
* MrExposition: [[LampshadeHanging Lampshaded]] with the Locus in "The Return of Icarus".
-->[[spoiler:"I owe you for killing the pilot that murdered my young innocent child that fateful day in the stars. That pilot was of course Charlie Sang-Soo Yasaki also known as Icarus but you know that 'cause you just murdered him."]]
* NegativeContinuity: Someone -- often ''everyone'' -- dies in every single episode of season 1 only to come back in the next one. Finally explained in "The Sins of the Father" as a result of [[spoiler:all of the episodes of season 1 being simulations]].
* OffTheShelfFX: All guns in the series are repainted nerf guns.
* OnlySaneMan: Yasaki.
* OriginsEpisode: Started as stretch goals in the Kickstarter. Only two were reached, but the team decided to do all of them - one for every character - anyway.
* PuppeteerParasite: The mind slugs in "The Invasion". Except [[spoiler:Samson made them up to "look cool in front of the captain".]]
* PsychicNosebleed: ... sort of. Only instead of just bleeding from his nose, Samson vomits blood all over the place. And then his head explodes.
* RetiredBadAss: Yasaki in "The Return of Icarus", until Captain Trigger brings him out of retirement.
** Season 1's ubiquitous [[LensFlare lens flares]] are a jab at JJ Abrams' Film/StarTrek.
** Most of "The Kidnapping at Blue Horizon", [=McCall=]'s origin episode, is a WholePlotReference to Film/BackToTheFuture.
** Tricklesmith the butler in Captain Trigger's origin episode, "The Sins of the Father", is a shout-out to Michael Caine's Alfred in Film/BatmanBegins.
* SpaceX: Used for pretty much everything, for comedic effect.
--> '''Tricklesmith''': "I've raised a devil, and soon my soul will transcend into Space Hell, where I will be hailed as a hero for raising the spawn of Space Satan himself!
** In one of the discussion panels they even discuss trying to get "Jesus Space Christ" into the script.
* StringyHairedGhostGirl: The plot of Episode VIII: Ominous.
* SympatheticMurderBackstory: In "The Return of Icarus", [[spoiler:Yasaki is revealed to have destroyed a civilian ship]].
* UnusualEuphemism: "Flogging".
* UnexplainedAccent / WhatTheHellIsThatAccent: Reggie, who has a new accent in each episode.
** Episode I, "Second Star":
--> '''Yasaki''': "We all know the accent's fake. We're spacemen living in closed metal tubes. There's no way you can have a regional dialect."
--> '''Reggie''' (in an Australian accent): "Screw you, you... bongaloogaloo. I'll... put his shrimp on the barbie."
** Episode VII, "Edge of the Universe":
--> '''Reggie''' (in a heavy Japanese accent): "I wirr do my best to do honor to you, Trigger-sama."
--> '''Yasaki''': "All right... No, Reggie. No!"