->'''Keitaro Urashima:''' You know, Naru, despite so many first impressions involving lady parts and violence, I think you and I are going to be pretty close.\\
'''Naru Narusegawa:''' No doubt about it! But I won't admit it until the last episode.
-->--Episode One, Naru and Keitaro, after Naru covers up Keitaro's unintentional lie.
''Love Hina Abridged'' is based on the story ''Manga/LoveHina'' by KenAkamatsu. The humor tends to not involve pop culture or internet references, with less [[LampshadeHanging lampshading]] and [[BreakingTheFourthWall fourth wall breaks]] than normal, instead opting to use the [[CharacterExaggeration characters' over-the-top personalities]], foreshadowing, and jokes that the fans will appreciate.
The show is written and edited by Website/YouTube user Crujjy, and unlike most [[TheAbridgedSeries abridged series]], he does not voice the main character, let alone [[AvertedTrope voice]] [[ManOfAThousandVoices most of them]]. The cast includes Edderraya, Savvy, Wander and Crujjy.
[[http://savvysfandubs.weebly.com/love-hina-abridged-episode-2.html Available here.]]
!!This show contains examples of:
* AccidentalPervert: Played with. Keitaro still receives injuries for his actions, but it is acknowledged in the third episode that he was almost never intending to do wrong.
* AdaptationDistillation: As par for the course. Notably, some [[AccidentalPervert scenes of Keitaro unintentionally touching]] girls, and receiving a beatdown for it have been removed.
* AffectionateParody: As normal for [[TheAbridgedSeries the genre]]. Occasionally wanders into [[DeconstructiveParody deconstructive parody territory]].
--> '''Hina:''' "Naru, Naru, Naru.... Do you think I壇 ever do anything that wasn稚 for the good of you or-"
--> '''Naru:''' "Yes."
--> '''Hina:''' "Name one time."
--> '''Naru:''' "You refused to fix the hole in my floor."
--> '''Hina:''' "And if I fixed it you wouldn稚 have become the lovely young woman you are today."
--> '''Keitaro:''' "But I知 not a threat!"
--> '''Motoko:''' "You will be! Just think of this as self defense. Pre-emptive, highly unnecessary self defense!"
* CharacterExaggeration: Most of the characters, most egregiously Kaolla and Motoko. Kaolla went from odd and hyperactive, to having no shred of sanity or sense, and Motoko went from hostile to violent and vindictive.
* CloudCuckooLander: Kaolla Su to the nth degree. To a lesser extent, Grandma Hina.
* ComedicSociopathy: Motoko to the nth degree. To a lesser extent, Naru.
* HilariouslyAbusiveChildhood: [[ZigZaggingTrope Zigzagged]]. Shinobu's parents are hilariously terrible parenting is PlayedForLaughs, but the cast tends to take the issue seriously.
* PoesLaw: Averted completely. Most people involved love the [[LoveHina original story]], most especially Crujjy, hence the multitude of jokes based on knowing the story beforehand. The series is made fun of because it is loved, and jokes towards the series are small in number and [[AffectionateParody affectionate]].
* RamblingOldManMonologue: The M.O. of the old men.
--> '''Oldman:''' "I remember when they invented women. It was a welcome change, since before they did, everyone was male, and no one was gay."
--> '''Motoko:''' "I知 not crazy. I mean yeah, I知 a little crazy. But part of the definition of being crazy is not thinking you池e crazy. And since I知 cognizant of my slipping sanity, I知 not crazy. So really, I知 at an equilibrium. Yep, just sane enough to know how crazy I am. Which is why I知 not."
* TakeThat: The disclaimers tend to contain jokes about You Tube removing episodes.
* VoiceChangeling: Savvy, who voices Keitaro, Naru, Motoko, Shinobu, Mitsune, Mutsumi (as a child), Grandma Hina, and Haruka. Its literally easier to list the roles she doesn't do. On a lesser note, all people on board provide or will provide multiple voices.