->''"Love with your heart, but use your head for everything else."''
-->-- '''Captain Disillusion'''
Captain Disillusion is a superhero who uses his superior critical thinking powers and intimate knowledge of digital editing and effects to debunk hoax Web videos for the benefit of mankind. Found on his own Website/YouTube [[http://www.youtube.com/user/CaptainDisillusion channel]].
!!This show contains examples of:
* ADogNamedDog: Mr. Flare, the flare.
* ArbitrarySkepticism: Despite the wide range of strange and impossible things Captain D deals with in the videos, including but not limited to giant floating heads, cartoon characters visiting him, and sentient lens flares, he remains incredibly skeptical of supernatural claims.
* CatchPhrase: "Love with your heart, but use your head for everything else."
* CurseCutShort: Subverted. Captain D shuts off Mr. Flare just when he's about to curse. Later, he turns him back on, and he finishes the curse.
* DepartmentOfRedundancyDepartment: A one-off segment in one episode is described as "Today's daily word of the day".
* EveryEpisodeEnding: "But now it's time for me to go, kids..." followed by mentioning someone he needs to help (or hurt, on at least one occasion), followed by him leaving the set some way.
* HeroicBSOD: He freaks out when he can't easily identify the trick used in his ''Randi + Pantry Ghost... Debunk?'' video and when confronted by Randi he says he is "beaten and out of the game". [[spoiler: He couldn't identify it because it was a practical effect instead of the more commonly used digital editing]].
* LettingTheAirOutOfTheBand: Happens when the Captain tries (and fails) to debunk the Pantry Ghost.
* MoodWhiplash: Captain D pauses in the middle of a video to advertise for "Knives; they cut...and they don't ask *** questions" before cheerily returning to the topic.
* ScienceHero: A weird variation in that Captain Disillusion doesn't use gadgets to stop crime but rather promotes rationality (And might probably not count as a classical hero).
* ScienceShow: In a sense.
* SpecialGuest: James Randi, who helps the Captain debunk an illusion that relies on old-fashioned physical effects and not digital editing.
** MickeyMouse shows up when Captain D debunks a video of a supposed ghost at Disneyland, claiming he's there to audit the video because Captain D said "Disney" three times within a few seconds.
* TakeThatAudience: Done a lot in ''Ghost Caught by Dog Debunk'', where the Captain feels people were way too easily tricked by something really simple.
-->'''Captain Disillusion''': That's not [[ItMakesSenseInContext a face of a demon in the window]], it's just you being a gullible doofus.
** He also responded to the massive amount of people that saw that Mickey Mouse had breasts on his ''Disneyland Ghost Debunk'' video. Who was playing Mickey? [[spoiler:'''[[FanDisservice Himself]]''']].
* TakeThatMe: When Mr. Flare almost takes over the show, he claims one of the changes he'll make is they'll stop using "debunk" as a noun.
-->'''Mr. Flare''': That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard!