[[caption-width-right:180:Toast Boy, our frightened hero.]]
-->''Good beetles, we are.''
Spoilsbury Toast Boy is a series of three short flash animations created in 2004 and 2005 by Creator/DavidFirth, the same man who brought us the MindScrew known as WebAnimation/SaladFingers.
So one can guess what is to be expected from this creation of his.
The series is set in an unidentified (but rather empty) world run mostly by beetles of either normal or human proportions. Toast Boy, the nervous eponymous character, lives with his grandmother and works in a sweat-shop type toast factory with his sister, Liache. One night, the beetles decide that "pleasant thoughts are unhealthy", and burrow into Toast Boy's head through his ear. Then the nightmares and hallucinations begin...
One of David Firth's lesser known works, the series is told from end to beginning as followed: [[http://www.fat-pie.com/spoils.htm Spoilsbury Toast Boy]], [[http://www.fat-pie.com/spoilsminus1.htm Spoilsbury Toast Boy -1]], and [[http://www.fat-pie.com/spoilsminus2.htm Spoilsbury Toast Boy -2]]. [[WordofGod Firth says]] more episodes are planned. ('''[[NotSafeForWork NSFW]]''').
'''This show provides examples of:'''
* BigCreepyCrawlies: The beetles come in two sizes: an inch or two, and ''as big as a human being''. One beetle is about as large as a '''house'''.
* BlatantLies: A good portion of what the beetles say.
-->'''The beetles''': ''Beetles know this. Beetles are good doctors.''
* ClipArtAnimation: Some of the smaller beetles are clip art pictures.
* CompellingVoice: During the hallucinations, the beetles will often tell Toast Boy what he should do. Another more forceful one comes from a large speaker that will appear out of nowhere and tell the slave children what to do.
--> '''Hallucination beetle''': (to Toast Boy) ''I think you should kill her... slit her open and burn her nipples...''
* CrapsackWorld: It's David Firth, what do you expect?
* CreepyChild: Toast Boy. Liache also might count.
* DisappearedDad: One oddly pleasant dream reveals someone who might be Toast Boy's and Liache's father. It's never explained what happened to him.
* DownerEnding: [[spoiler:KillEmAll, and TheBadGuyWins.]]
** [[spoiler: Given the similar character design of the creepy obsessive boy in Salad Fingers 4, and the scarring on his head, one could say that the machine worked... more or less...]]
* FatBastard: The beetle the children are forced to make toast for.
* ForegoneConclusion: [[spoiler:At the end of the first short, Toast Boy is stabbed to death by the beetles' "Brain Fixing Machine".]]
* GrossUpCloseUp: Mostly of the grandma.
* HalfDressedCartoonAnimal: Though not cartoonish in the slightest, most of the human-sized beetles wear only hats, vests, and jackets.
--> '''Beetle #2:''' Oh we're such jokers.
--> '''Beetle #1:''' Jokers in trousers.
--> '''Beetle #2:''' Well, we're not wearing shorts!
--> '''Beetle #1:''' It's not really the weather for it.
* IllGirl: Liache, though the most she has is a stuffy nose.
* KillItWithFire: [[spoiler:Toast Boy's grandma is found dead, tipped over into the fireplace by a beetle.]]
* MadEye: Toast Boy and Liache.
* MindRape: The beetles seem to enjoy inflicting this on poor Toast Boy.
** Also ''literal'' MindRape... and yes, it is as horrific as it sounds.
* MindScrew: '''''All of it'''''.
--> '''Doctor Jill''': (To Liache) ''Do you find the mucus in your nasal passage makes breathing a chore?'' (Liache nods) ''Well then, perhaps you don't deserve to breathe at all.''
* NightmareSequence: Several.
* OrificeEvacuation: Even though the beetles crawl through his ear, Toast Boy spits a few out of his mouth.
* OrificeInvasion: The smaller beetles enter Toast Boy's body through his ear. [[spoiler:And enter his grandma through her vagina.]]
* PeekABooCorpse: [[spoiler:Toast Boy stumbles upon his grandma's burning corpse in the second short.]]
* SanitySlippage: Often, for both Toast Boy and possibly the viewer.
* ScareChord: Whenever Toast Boy enters a FreakOut, and [[spoiler:when he finds his dead grandma in the fireplace]].
* ShoutOut: The beetles distinctive way of speaking appears to be based on Mr Deltoid from ''Film/AClockworkOrange''. Also, the series seems to take it's name from "Pillsbury Doughboy".
* TalkingAnimal: All of the beetles talk, regardless of size.
* TheSwarm: The smaller beetles.
* TroubledFetalPosition: Toast Boy is often seen in one, especially during the first short.
* TheUnintelligible: Most of the voices are garbled but relatively understandable. Toast Boy, on the other hand, speaks in nothing but odd tones that require subtitles to be understood.
* WhatMeasureIsANonHuman: The doctor beetle gives Liache this lecture when she complains about her stuffy nose:
-->'''Doctor Jill''': ''[[YouFailBiologyForever Mucus is a living thing you know.]] It has a certain degree of intelligence.''