''Ninjai: The Little Ninja'' is a Flash cartoon about the travels of a little ninja named Ninjai. Apparently amnesiac, Ninjai wanders a fantastic version of Japan, slaying "demons" in an oddly calm tone.
He is accompanied on his travels by a little bird named... [[NonHumanSidekick Little Bird]].
Can be viewed at: http://www.ninjai.com/chapters/
This cartoon provides examples of:
* AnimationBump[=/=]ArtEvolution: The series looks considerably better animated and drawn as of episode 6.
* BadBoss: Takagawa.
* BigBad: Thus far, Takagawa of the Red Dragon clan.
* BringMyBrownPants: Takagawa's reaction to a particularly frightening dream in which Ninjai appears before him and gives him a "gift"-- the warlord's own rotting, severed head.
* BuriedAlive: Takagawa's favored means of dealing with his enemies is essentially this. He doesn't bury them, but hangs them up and allows them to slowly sink into a viscous swamp then pull their (oddly intact) skeletons out after they drown and are eaten.
* ClusterFBomb: The Mad Inventor in... most of his lines.
* CreepyMonotone: YMMV, but Ninjai is always calm and speaks in a monotone. Overlaps with DissonantSerenity.
* DefensiveFeintTrap: [[spoiler:Little Bird's plan to get rid of TheDragon's dragon.]]
* TheDragon: Sakuri of the Red Dragon clan, who can summon an actual flying dragon.
* ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin: Ninjai is, in fact, a little ninja.
** Little Bird is a little bird.
* EyeScream: A particularly epic and horrific one comes from Takagawa... to himself. During his escape, Ninjai wounds Takagawa's eye. Takagawa, already off in the head and driven further into madness by Ninjai, pulls the eye out of its socket and holds it, still connected. Takagawa then looks at his own face and then... pops the thing into his mouth, optic nerve intact, and eats his own eye. How gruesome.
* FauxDeath: [[spoiler: Ninjai remembers a technique to put himself into SuspendedAnimation to survive being left in a swamp overnight.]]
* IronicEcho: "Don't you know... when something's funny you're supposed to laugh?" [[spoiler: First said by Takugawa in regards to Ninjai being executed, later said by Ninjai to Takugawa in regards to Takugawa being... pooped on by Little Bird.]]
* MadScientist: Ninjai meets one early in the series and rescues him from his bungled attempt at a flying machine.
* QuicksandSucks: The swamp that serves as Takagawa's execution ground is explicitly stated to be quicksand, and seems to be impossible to escape on your own. It does seem to be some sort of a thick, sticky, viscous fluid and not sand, however.
* SanitySlippage[=/=]VillainousBreakdown: See EyeScream's entry for evidence.
* TookALevelInBadass: Little Bird in episode 12.