[[WMG: Natsuki is granted an "auspicious rare item" by the guardian angel whales. Possibly something that makes the RNG play on her side more than usual.]]
Perhaps this movie was not, in fact, a blatant repackaging of one of the director’s previous films, but instead a further exploration on a theme that was not given enough credence due to its connection to a children’s card ga- ahem, cartoon.
[[WMG: The Director (Mamoru Hosoda) made this film as either one of the following:]]
* An alternate retelling of his previous work Our War Game.
* A better version of Our War Game.
* A massive ShoutOut to Our War Game.
[[WMG: ''Summer Wars'', ''[[DigimonAdventure Our War Game]]'', and Hosoda's ''Superflat'' shorts take place in one continuity.]]
This continuity is parallel to DigimonAdventure, possibly cutting out [[DigimonAdventure02 02]] and definitely the epilogue, as the whole world is not shown to have Digimon as advertised by 02's ending. The Superflat shorts take place in OZ, or in OZ prototypes, to explain any inconsistencies.
The jury is out on ''TheGirlWhoLeaptThroughTime'' and ''The Wolf Children Ame & Yuki'''s canonical status.
[[WMG: Summer Wars or a Summer Wars like scenario could actually happen]]
Think of it... An AI, developed and made to hack, was released into a popular network, that held or represented real world powers or priviliges or activities and statuses, to test the program. the program went wild because of incompetence and lack of forsight on the military's part nearly throwing the world into a state of techno-war. an AI "tailor made for hacking" could go on and hijack a random computer (a goverment or military one for example) or server and ruin everyones day from there.
* For extra irony, rather than said AI being released by America, it'll be ''Japan'' who did it, having developed the rogue system as a way of single-handedly defending their computer networks against Red China's entire corps of military hackers. Japan will have predicted the scenario ''and'' caused it.
** After all, it's not like people ever listen to the Sci-Fi writers.
[[WMG: Facebook or Google will be OZ (Or second life will get reeeeeaaaally popular).]]
* ''ExtraCredits'' ''did'' [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ56Kia8dTU have a say on the subject,]] pointing out at the end that [=MMOs=] might advance to the point where the Virtual World and Reality might become a cross between ''[=MMOs=], the Web, and Reality.'' OZ is basically the fully-realized version of this image.
[[WMG: Kazuma is a transgender FtM.]]
* He is voiced by a woman in both Japanese and English versions, and if you didn't know better, it would be quite easy to mistake him as a girl. If this is so, it may contribute as to why he was bullied and why he was taught martial arts by his grandfather.