[[WMG: Various examples of BlandNameProduct in the show have an in-universe explanation.]]
In order to create a timeline where the events of the series don't occur and are but a fictional tale, someone retroactively changed the names of CERN, IBM and Dr. Pepper.
[[WMG: Steins;Gate is just a very, very long 'Dr Pepper, What's the Worst That Could Happen' Advert]]
Think about it. Okabe CONSTANTLY drinks Dr. Pepper. He then discovers a time machine he accidentally created, unfurling a series of events that lead to Mayuri dying over and over again and Okabe nearly breaking himself trying to save her. That is definitely the worst that could happen, Dr. Pepper.
[[WMG: ''Anime/PuellaMagiMadokaMagica'' takes place in the same universe as ''Steins;Gate'' and also takes place in the Beta world line.]]
The Attractor Field Convergence will always have Madoka turn into a Puella Magi.
* Or rather, it will always make her die, which almost always requires her making a contract. Imagine just how many times Homura would have to live that month if this is true...
[[WMG: Okabe is just a paranoid schizophrenic and everything we see is just a product of his incredibly elaborate delusions.]]
This is what most sane people would think upon listening to him and it makes sense if you think about it. He shows signs of this even before "Time travel" is involved (Note that the "Time Travel" is ALSO a product of his madness.).
* Another possibility is suggested in episode 10, when he notes that moving world lines feels the same as when he was delirious with a fever. This troper is no medical expert himself, but maybe instead of paranoid delusions, the earlier fever evolved into some life-long illness with occasional dissociation and false memories.
[[WMG: Okabe is actually talking to someone on his phone.]]
* And it really does turn off when someone touches it?
** Im dead sure that he is, and that It really turns off, at least in the anime nobody has touched his phone after Cristina at ep 2, so we dont have any proof that his phone is juts a normal one.
*** It'd be nice if that were true, but I have to reject that. In the VN you actually use the phone yourself, and you can see that the phone was off the whole time before Kurisu took it. It didn't turn off when Kurisu touched it, it was already off.
*** ''' ''Unless'' ''' Hououin Kyouma actually ''did'' acknowledge the fourth wall within the show as he experimented with Alpacaman. Therefore, it's not out of question that the phone doesn't have technological countermeasures against the reader as well.
*** Now ''that'' is a mad scientist worthy of the title!
[[WMG: Okabe is really from the 1% diverged line]]
But after the first D-mail sending, he is transported to the new world line
[[WMG: Dr.Nakabachi's father is [[http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/high-expectations-asian-father High Exceptations Asian Father]]]]
With old man like that it's no wonder he goes apeshit on the thought that he might be second to somebody.
[[WMG: Suzuha will be picked up by [[Series/KamenRiderDenO the DenLiner.]]]]
This is literally the only answer that I, as a Suzuhafag, will not rage incessantly at.
[[WMG: Okabe is still in the Beta world line, not the Steins Gate world line.]]
See the Fridge page.
[[WMG: Okarin is bisexual]]
He did say "It doesn't matter what gender you are" on his [[spoiler: date with Ruka]], didn't he?
** In the Visual Novel, his InnerMonologue reads "Unfortunately, I am heterosexual." That said...
** As it was a flashback to Okabe telling off some creeps who were harassing Ruka, I interpreted that line more as, "You can dress how you want and look like whatever you want and those guys shouldn't be picking on you for it, no matter what gender you are," rather than Okabe saying he's attracted to Ruka no matter what. His BigBrotherInstinct extends to more than just Mayuri, apparently.
[[WMG: Kurisu is either a YaoiFangirl or has PerverseSexualLust for Son Gohan]]
Why else would her handle be [[PortmanteauCoupleName KuriGohan]]?
** [[https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%A0%97%E9%A3%AF Kurigohan]] is a dish made with rice (gohan) and Japanese chestnuts (kuri).
[[WMG: Hououin Kyouma was actually just an excuse to make Mayuri not kill herself]]
Okabe just took the role of a mad scientist so Mayuri wouldn't die on him, by declaring "You are my hostage!" The years went on and finally he became consumed by the insanity that is Hououin Kyouma. He first acted like a mad scientist for Mayuri's sake, but after a while (As he spent time almost exclusively with Mayuri), he "forgot" who he really was. He then actually went through NEGATIVE character development during Steins;gate, where by the end, he is back to being Okabe Rintarou.
[[WMG:Ruka is intersexed]]
Of the progestin/androgen-induced variety, specifically. Think about it for a moment:
* It's rather unusual that, for a seventeen-year-old male, Ruka has just about ''no'' secondary male characteristics.
* Save for the reproductive organs, Ruka is almost ''exactly'' the same when after the genderbend.
* Said genderbend was induced congenitally, when Ruka was already conceived.
* Getting into extended text conversations reveals that Ruka's gender issues are a bit more complicated that straightforward mtf. Namely, his parents [[http://imageshack.com/scaled/medium/46/vyet.png raised him as a girl]], which he's [[http://imageshack.us/a/img14/1637/kgvj.png very]] [[http://imageshack.us/a/img51/7505/lxq0.png ambivalent]] about.
Now, I think it's safe to say that you can't switch out a Y chromosome for an X in utero, much less via text message-mandated diet change - That's the joke, after all. What you ''can'' do is virilise genitals of an XX fetus during early prenatal development via excessive androgen exposure, such as in higher concentrations in maternal blood. Incidentally, such genital virilization itself happens independently of hormonal effects on [[http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3296090/ gender identity or sexual orientation]] [[http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19403051 that are suspected to occur in the second trimester.]] Also incidentally, the types of androgens and progestins implicated in virilization are used on beef cattle to boost muscle growth.
Of course, hormone concentrations in meat are pretty damn small and very highly unlikely to cause such a major change (congenital adrenal hyperplasia is usually the culprit in XX virilization via hormones), but it makes a lot more sense than magically transforming a Y chromosome to an X with a pager.
* Also, there have been many cases of intersex infants being assigned one gender at birth, sometimes without telling them there was ever an option. If this was the case with Ruka, then sending a text back advising mom to change her diet wouldn't have any effect at all on genetics, but it might result in subtle changes in the resulting newborn's appearance, as well as the parents' ''perception'' of that appearance, that might influence WHICH gender was chosen. Then again intersex births may be handled differently in Japan.
[[WMG: The series is an alternate universe version of WebVideo/DoctorHorriblesSingAlongBlog]]
In which superpowers do not exist, Moist eats more (Presumably because everything he eats is no longer inherently moist) and learned to hack, everyone lives in Japan except Captain Hammer [[TooDumbToLive who didn't get the memo about the alternate universe]] and Penny is even more scientifically savvy than Billy.