[[WMG: Freddy has split personalities]]
* [[FridgeBrilliance Think about it!]] He was born to a Nun mother and conceived from a psychotic father! A recipe for a spilt personality! And with the [[JerkAssWoobie kind of life he led,]] the violent personality started taking over. And soon it had all but consumed him! But the nice personality sometimes shines through like the time in the 6th one where he was telling his daughter how much he loved her and her mother/his wife. But his violent side takes over soon! So he ''isn't'' a monster, just the personality is!
[[WMG:There are no dream demons.]]
* While still alive, Freddy himself suffered from the psychotic delusion that demons were telling him to kill the town's children. When the Springwood parents came to kill him, a dream-power that had been latent during his lifetime moved his spirit into the dream world when his burning body passed out from the pain and smoke inhalation. As he hadn't yet learned to manipulate dreams consciously, Freddy's psychosis took control of the dreamscape and manifested the "demons" he'd previously been hallucinating.
[[WMG: In the 'verse of New Nightmare, Movie!Freddy managed to get a hold of a [[Film/LastActionHero magic ticket]] to cross over.]]
* For one thing, Creator/WesCraven could have lying to Heather in order cover his own ass for allowing such a thing to happen (after all he created the character).
[[WMG: [[Film/ANightmareOnElmStreetPart2FreddysRevenge ANOES2]] was just a dream of an unseen character.]]
* The ending of Freddy's Revenge was much like the ending of the original, trying to throw the events of the whole movie into question. However, in Dream Warriors, we find that the ending of part 1 WAS just a dream, and the events of the movie (as in, all of the deaths) happened as seen. Freddy's Revenge is never mentioned in the series again outside of clips the credits to Freddy's Dead and opening to Freddy vs Jason. That's because the events of Freddy's Revenge were just a multi-layered nightmare by an unknown character who may or may night be Jesse. My theory is that it was actually a kid in Westin Hills.
* This would explain the timeline errors the movie causes (being set 4-5 years after the first movie, but the rest of the movies coming out in the year it was made with no reference to any of the events or characters in 2, even though the events 1,3, and 4 are mentioned in each successive movie with 5 referencing all of them even if just in passing..except for part 2). SOMEONE would have heard and known about what happened in part 2. Characters in 5 know the events of the other movies even when not connected in anyway. That's because it was a Freddy nightmare that Freddy wasn't involved in personally.
* This would explain why Freddy does so many things unique to that movie (possessing someone to come into the real world (at least 3 different times)), the bizarre and improbable dream like state of the "real world" (such as exploding birds, a bolt of lightning striking his toaster, the heat in his house being so high that things in his room are actually melting despite the heater and gas being disconnected), or how Jesse could be alive in the same scene after Freddy shreds him apart to enter the real world. It's all just a dream from a kid whose hypnocil dosage isn't high enough, but Freddy was occupied doing other things.
[[WMG: Nancy didn't escape Freddy in the first movie, because it wasn't her Nightmare.]]
* In Nightmare on Elm Street 3, she explained her mother died in her sleep. While all the Nightmares prior to the end were hers, the last one was Nancy's Mother's dream during an alcohol induced sleep. It was then and there that Freddy killed Nancy's Mother.
[[WMG: This series exists in ComicBook/TheSandman universe]]
* Specifically, during the period in time (most of the 20th century) when The Dream of the Endless is trapped in a bubble. Without Dream in control of the Land Of Dream, Freddy is able to move, in a limited way, between the dream world and the real world.
* A Lucid Dreamer would be able to kill people using Freddy, without any direction.
* Think about it! If you were able to control your dreams, you would be able to control Freddy and who he kills. Is someone doing this already? Is it Creator/WesCraven?
[[WMG: [[Film/FreddysDeadTheFinalNightmare Freddy's Dead]] is Freddy's nightmare after the parents locked him out]]
* Film/FreddyVsJason reveals that the parents of Springwood used Hypnocil to erase all memories of him. Freddy acts very strange during the movie because being locked away is driving him insane. That's why everything seems so cartoonish and surreal. The entire movie is his [[FeverDreamEpisode fever dream]] before he works out a way to come back.
[[WMG: Freddy's villain decay over the course of the series was an unintended side effect of absorbing the souls of teenagers into himself]]