Winnie The Pooh's Home Run Derby is a 2010 Japanese Flash baseball video game published at the Walt Disney Pictures website. The player controls [[Franchise/WinnieThePooh Pooh]] in order to [[DidYouJustPunchOutCthulhu defeat]] [[TheLegionsOfHell his eight friends]] in a baseball's home run challenge. The game won a cult following in early 2013 and became a viral hit due to its [[SurpriseDifficulty extreme difficulty]].
The brutal difficulty, thanks to the Internet, has lead to the common interpretation that all of the pitchers are either sadistic assholes or supernatural beings comprised of pure evil.
[[folder: [[Darth Wiki/Winnie The Poohs Home Run Derby Run. Run while you still can. ]]
Find the game [[http://disney.kids.yahoo.co.jp/game/pooh.html here]]. An English translated version can be found [[http://www.flashrelax.com/play-Winnie-The-Pooh-s-Home-Run-Derby.html here]]. Disney also released the official English version [[http://games.disney.com/winnie-the-pooh-home-run-derby here]].
%% ZeroContextExample entries are not allowed on wiki pages. All such entries have been commented out. Add context to the entries before uncommenting them.
!!This game provides examples of:
* AlwaysNight: Inverted
* ArtStyleDissonance: It's a cartoony Winnie-The-Pooh game. How hard could it possibly be?
* BewareTheSillyOnes: You wouldn't expect stuffed cartoon animals to have superhuman pitching skills.
* BeyondTheImpossible: Rabbit's and Owl's pitches move in a blatantly physically impossible way. Tigger's become invisible midflight.
* BizarreAndImprobableBallistics: With baseballs, not bullets.
* TheCameo: While on the overhead view, you can see Gopher as an umpire.
* ConfusionFu: Unpredictability is the mighty Christopher Robin's secret weapon.
* DifficultySpike: The first three stages are fairly straightforward. It is when you get to Kanga when the [[RealityWarper erratic ball movements]] begin. And it [[FromBadToWorse only gets worse]] from there.
* FinalBoss: Christopher Robin, who perhaps borders on TrueFinalBoss due to being in the Special stage.
** FinalExamBoss: He uses ball patterns taken from the previous bosses.
* FromBadToWorse: Happens each time you defeat an opponent and move on to the next one.
%%* TheHero: WinnieThePooh
* MarathonLevel: Winning a level requires hitting dozens of balls. And you must sit through the rest of the pitches even if the level becomes Unwinnable.
* NintendoHard: And how! It starts off really easy, but quickly escalates to a level reached only by few games in existence.
* [[NotSoHarmlessVillain Not So Harmless Villains]]: Pooh's friends aren't exactly "villains", but they make this game ''sadistically'' hard.
* RealityIsOutToLunch: The pitches get really weird on the later stages. ''Really'' weird.
* RealityWarper: Everyone from Kanga to Christopher Robin. And this isn't just our RunningGag either, [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmSyvHus1SE it has to be seen to be believed]].
* SerialEscalation: Each opponent is more difficult than the previous, with more and more difficult pitch patterns and styles, reaching yet again and again a new high in unfairness, until they [[RealityWarper transcend any and all rules of physics and logic]].
* SugarBowl: Well, a sugar bowl with horribly difficult baseball games...
* TimeMaster: Rabbit can control the flow of time, making it a lot harder to anticipate the timing.
* WakeUpCallBoss: Kanga and Roo start to throw physics-bending pitches, unlike the first three opponents who throw simple fastballs.