->''InAWorld where a voice from above tells you to ''cut loose''..''
''[[IAmNotShazam Not to be confused with]]'' ''VideoGame/FatalRacing'' ''[[NamesTheSame that uses the same title inside the States.]]''
Whiplash is a 2003 platforming game for the PS2. [[ThisIsYourPremiseOnDrugs You play a genetically altered weasel and rabbit]] [[ChainedHeat handcuffed together]] and trying to escape an animal testing facility. You directly control Spanx (the weasel) while Redmond (the rabbit) is dragged along and used as a bludgeon.
After breaking out of containment, Spanx and Redmond follow the advice of a mysterious voice in the computer system to try and escape from [[BlandNameProduct Genron]] while freeing other test animals from cartoonishly cruel experiments. A running secondary goal of the game is to smash stuff. There's actually a running counter at the bottom of the screen showing how much money the company has, and a little is deducted for every fire extinguisher you break. The platforming is relatively generic, but much of the fun of the game comes from the simple fact you're destroying a large corporation by bashing it with a rabbit.
* AmusingInjuries: Poor Redmond.
* BigBad: [[NamesToRunAwayFromReallyFast Franklin D. Mann]], the CEO in charge of Genron and resident madman.
* BlandNameProduct: The Genron Corporation.
* CartoonCreature: Spanx is officially a long-tailed weasel, but is mostly a ''thing''. Redmond speculates wildly on what he is.
--> "You're a bad, BAD weasel...Or whatever you are."
* ChainedHeat: The basic premise.
* DeadpanSnarker: Redmond makes up for his helplessness by lampshading everything he can.
* DieChairDie: With a vengeance.
* EarlyBirdCameo: Spanx first appeared (sans Redmond) in a foot-racing game for the Xbox launch called ''Mad Dash Racing''.
* EnemyMine: It is repeatedly discussed how weasels and rabbits are supposed to be enemies. Redmond certainly comes to despise Spanx at the least.
* EpicFlail: How Spanx uses Redmond.
* ForScience: Most of Genron's experiments seem to have the singular purpose of tormenting animals.
* GameBreakingBug: In a demo of the game, there is a nasty glitch present that makes it literally impossible to complete.
* GrievousHarmWithABody: [[RunningGag Poor Redmond]].
* HeroicMime: Spanx never speaks due to his brain being long-fried by electricity.
* IronButtmonkey: [[RuleOfThree Poor Redmond]].
--> "Could you please stop breaking things with my face?!"
--> "You have a plan that DIDN'T involve using me as a war mace?"
--> "I don't suppose you'd stop if I told you how painful this was?...Didn't think so."
* MadeOfIron: Redmond has been modified to be indestructible. Feel free to beat security guards over the head with him and jam him in gears to stop them.
** [[IronButtmonkey Or set him on fire, or dunk him in toxic waste...]]
* MadScientist: Tons, usually tormenting chimps in humorous ways until you show up.
* MegaCorp: Genron
* RewardingVandalism: It's the secondary goal of the game to rack up the debt.
* UnstoppableRage: By hitting things/people enough, Redmond goes berserk and automatically sics himself on anything nearby.
* [[WhenAllYouHaveIsAHammer When All You Have Is An Indestructible Rabbit]]: Many of the puzzles involve sticking Redmond into something.