''Visions of Aftermath: The Boomtown'' is a DOS game released in 1988. It was published by Mindscape, Inc. and developed by Chivalry Software, Inc.
2D, post-apocalyptic RPG. It is the not-so-distant future, after the Great Apocalypse. Only the strongest and smartest have survived. It has been several months since The Day Time Stopped... several months since The Bomb... several months since you've seen the sun or felt its warmth. You can't last too much longer on the supplies left in your shelter. Soon you must leave your sanctuary. You have no idea what waits outside, other than the radiation. Scientists predicted aberrant weather, continuing natural disasters, overgrown vegetation, barren wastelands, and The Hordes: nomadic survivors devastated by radiation and its sickness. All this -- and more -- awaits you... outside.
!!This VideoGame contains examples of:
* AfterTheEnd: The game takes place after the Great Apocalypse.
* BarbarianTribe: The Hordes. They don't qualify for TheHorde, but instead are people you can fight, bribe, flee from or trade with, as you see best.
* TheEndOfTheWorldAsWeKnowIt: Strongly implied to have occurred as a result of nuclear war.
* FantasyGunControl: All ammunition was used up shortly after the Apocalypse, so the ultimate weapon is the bow and arrow.
* LostCommonKnowledge: You must find books so you can read them and find the means to rebuild civilization.
* MightyWhitey: One possible victory condition is for the PC (a shelter-dwelling survivor of the old world) to become King of the Hordes.
* SurvivalistStash: There are a ''lot'' of shelters in every world without player inhabitants; these contain books and loot for you to scavenge.
* WizardNeedsFoodBadly: And not just food, but a balanced diet of meat and vegetables, along with water to drink and fuel to keep warm.