->''Brave men fought under the blood red sky. On the second day, the great battle would be over for these liberators, but the battle would once again commence on the black plains to the west. Where the Phoenix would rise once more, two warriors will emerge to face this foe.''
''Urban Chaos'' is a 1999 ThirdPersonShooter developed by Mucky Foot Productions and released by Eidos Interactive.
The story begins with Nubian rookie [[ActionGirl D'arci Stern]], the protagonist, joining the Union City Police Department. Much of her time is spent dealing with the Wildcats, a gang that is getting increasingly bold in their criminal activity. With the help of a vigilante named [[CoolOldGuy Roper]], D'arci begins to believe that the Wildcats plan to take over [[CrapsackWorld Union City]]. As the Wildcats grow ever bolder, D'arci discovers that the gang is led by [[SorcerousOverlord Mack Bane]], a candidate for mayor of Union City, who claims to be an immortal sorcerer with connections to Hell itself. It is up to Stern and Roper to stop him before he plays out the end of his prophecy.
!!''Urban Chaos'' provides examples of:
* ActionGirl: Stern.
* AlwaysNight: All of the levels take place between evening and night time
** Averted in the ''Estate of Emergency'' level, which takes place during the day.
* BadCopIncompetentCop: As revealed when one of D'arci's colleagues is in cahoots with the Wildcats.
** Also in the ''Transmission Terminated'' level, a fellow officer will [[spoiler: pursue D'arci and attempt to trip her over. If he is successful, he will then arrest D'arci and result in a Level Failed screen. Though this could also be down to a [[GoodBadBugs Good Bad Bug]].]]
* [[BigBad Big Bane]]
* BigNo: On the level ''Stern Revenge'' this is what Roper exclaims if D'arci gets killed.
* CoolCar: D'arci eventually gets to ride around in a squad car and even a squad van.
* CrapsackWorld: Union City.
* DeadpanSnarker: Stern.
* DoNotDropYourWeapon: Anyone carrying a weapon will drop it after they are killed or are arrested
* DevilInPlainSight: Mayor Bane, literally.
* DrivenToSuicide: One civilian on the level ''The Jump'' [[spoiler: because he was rejected by the Union City Fire Department]]
* EldritchAbomination: In the penultimate level, [[spoiler: D'arci has to take down a demon monster that's twice the size of any normal civilian]]. Really.
* EnemyDetectingRadar: Indicated by blinking red and white dots on the grid
* EtTuBrute: A police officer is revealed to be working for the Wildcats on one level.
* EvilLaugh: One of The Fallen.
* FlatWhat: Uttered by D'arci many times.
* ForcedTutorial: While the Combat and Driving training levels are optional, you have to complete the assault course trial before you can even play the first level.
* GainaxEnding: [[spoiler: Bane does his ritual. He blows up.]] That's pretty much it.
* GoldenSnitch: Deeks
* GuideDangIt: Players are mostly accustomed to D'arci climbing ladders and fences, or just standard jumping up and grabbing the ledge in order to get to a higher place. Good luck with the ''Transmission Terminated'' mission when you have to try to find a way up the building to blow up said transmittor. [[spoiler: Who'd have thunk it, climbing onto those skips in the alleyways has a one-time use toward completing a level.]]
** To get to the distressed citizen in ''The Jump'', there's a ladder leading up to where he is [[spoiler: which will result in you failing the level objective if you climb it because there's a perfectly good wire for you to use to slide on, over on the opposite building]].
* HookerWithAHeartOfGold: A random prostitute just happens to witness the theft of a squad car, and tells you as reward for not arresting her.
** Though you could be a real jerk and [[YouSaidYouWouldLetThemGo arrest her after the cutscene finishes]].
* HostageSituation: A number of levels feature this scenario.
* ItsAllUpstairsFromHere: One of the level objectives in ''Transmission Terminated'' requires you to climb to the top of a broadcasting tower and destroy it's satellite dish.
* LandMineGoesClick: Scattered throughout many levels
* [[CoolGuns/MachineGuns Machine Guns]]: The M16 weapon
* MiniBoss: [[spoiler: Baalrog]]
* PoliceAreUseless: Throughout the game, D'arci is little more than a rookie officer. However, this doesn't stop her more experienced, higher ranked male colleagues from heavily relying on her more as the game progresses.
** Emphasised in the ''Transmission Terminated'' level, a group of officers require back-up storming a factory containing hostages; cue D'arci as the [[OneManArmy One-Woman Army]].
* [[spoiler: RedShirtReporter: Gordansky.]]
* RunDontWalk: Unless you're going backwards.
* SidequestSidestory: There are three bonus levels in which you control a [[VillainShoes Wildcat ringleader]].
* TagalongReporter: Gordansky
* TheProphecy: As mentioned in the opening cinematics.
* WalkOnWater: Averted completely. D'arci can't even walk across a small puddle.
* [[ManOnFire Woman on Fire]]: Having D'arci walk through an open flame will have her catch fire, and she [[ArtificialStupidity WILL]] die within a few seconds.