'''''Transformers: Prime The Game''''' is a game for the Wii, Wii U, and the Nintendo 3DS and Altron for the Nintendo DS. ''Transformers: Prime The Game'' is based on the ''WesternAnimation/TransformersPrime'' series. The game features the voice cast from the show such as Creator/PeterCullen and Creator/FrankWelker, to name a few. The game focuses on Team Prime (consisting of Optimus Prime, Arcee, Bulkhead, Bumblebee, and Ratchet), Jack, Miko, and Raf's fight against the Decepticons and their new secret weapon.
The Decepticons have intercepted a large meteor full of Dark Energon approaching the Earth, and the Autobots arrive to try and thwart the Decepticons' plans to use the Dark Energon. A massive eruption of power during the battle on the meteor breaks out, and the Autobots become separated from Jack, Miko and Raf, who are monitoring them at base. Unknown to the Autobots and the humans, the Decepticons have uncovered Thunderwing, an ancient being that they will use to try to take over the Earth.
!! This game provides examples of:
* ActionGirl: Arcee, Airachnid for the Decepticons ([[RunningGag and Miko's still trying]]).
* AdaptationalBadass: Thunderwing receives this treatment. Not only is he a dangerous combatant, but he's also bigger than any transformer other than Unicron himself.
** Ratchet taking on whole hoards of Vehicons isn't too hard to imagine, but beating back ''[[spoiler:Soundwave]]'' (who is equal parts TheJuggernaut and LightningBruiser in the ''Prime'' continuity) is stretching it.
* AnAxToGrind: Optimus' SuperMode in the game gives him one.
* AttackItsWeakPoint: [[spoiler:Ratchet builds a device that kills Thunderwing, once Jack places it inside him.]]
* BackStab: How Thunderwing ''thanks'' the Decepticons for healing him.
* BadBoss: Megatron once again shows far less concern for his troops. Using Starscream as a shield is a perfect example.
* BigBad: Megatron takes a backseat to Thunderwing.
* BigDamnHeroes: Optimus saves the day, duh.
** Jack gets his moment when he [[spoiler: uses Ratchets device to de-power Thunderwing]].
* BringIt: Thunderwing vows he'll destroy the Matrix even if exhausts his energy to last drop. Optimus's reponse.
--->Optimus: You want the Matrix? Come and get it.
* CanonDiscontinuity: The game's events are seldom mentioned in the series, and the Decepticon lineup is [[ContinuitySnarl too contradictory]] to have it take place in any area in Season 2.
* CanonImmigrant: Thunderwing having been adapted from the Generation One series.
* ChronicBackstabbingDisorder: Not Starscream, oddly enough. Thunderwing betrays Megatron after agreeing to help him fight the Autobots once he's been repaired.
* CompetitiveBalance: Essentially the way the Autobots differentiate from each other, the faster they are, the less damage they do with their melee attacks and guns, though they have a faster fire rate to compensate. In order from fastest/weakest to slowest/strongest: Arcee, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Optimus Prime, Bulkhead.
* CompositeCharacter: Thunderwing borrows elements from his two main appearances. He's a deadly Transformer with an obsession with the matrix ala the Marvel comics, and he's a giant PersonOfMassDestruction with weaponry similar to his IDW Stormbringer appearance. His design borrows from both. In addition he's a servant of Unicron much like the time his G1 self cameoed in the Transformers Armada comics.
* ContinuitySnarl: According to a producer at Activision, the game takes place alongside the second season of the animated series, but could be "''wedged in''" anywhere in the season. However, this is impossible thanks to the makeup of the Decepticon team:
** Starscream is the main problem do to his defection long before the events of the game.
** Airachnid isn't much better, her Insecticon minions were only under her control while she was an independent agent, and really only for a single episode. That episode ended with her being locked into stasis and losing control over the swarm to Megatron.
** And of course Dreadwing and Starscream ''never'' worked together at any point during the series.
* DarkActionGirl: Airachnid. Like Arcee she's the only female of her faction.
* TheDeterminator: This is one of Thunderwing's defining characteristics.
* DifficultButAwesome: Downplayed with Starscream, his ranged attack and supercharged range attack are difficult to master as they fire missiles that curve to meet the target rather than firing directly like the other characters. His rockets have difficulty in targeting short ranged moving enemies, but if one learns to use him as a ranged character, then the attacks are quite powerful and good at knocking other bots down.
* DisneyVillainDeath: Played straight with [[spoiler:Thunderwing, Optimus, Jack and Arcee manage to defeat him by blowing up his power core and causing him to fall into a volcano.]]
* EliteMooks: Megatron pulls out a new batch of Vehicons to fight Optimus and his men.
** Vehicon Helicopters
** Vehicon Tanks
** Vehicon Trucks
* EscortMission: Bumblebee has to escort Raf to safety once he finds the boy. Ratchet later does the same for both Raf and Miko while the three of them are trying to escape the Nemesis.
* EvilIsHammy: Thunderwing
* EvilSoundsDeep: Megatron and Thunderwing.
* AFatherToHisMen: Optimus, as always.
* FiveBadBand: The Decepticons:
** BigBad: Megatron
** TheDragon: Starscream
** TheBrute: Dreadwing
** EvilGenius: Soundwave
** DarkChick: Airachnid
** SixthRanger - TheMedic: Knockout
** SixthRangerTraitor: Thunderwing
* FiveManBand: The Autobots:
** TheHero: Optimus
** TheLancer: Arcee
** TheMedic: Ratchet
** TheBigGuy: Bulkhead
** TagalongKid: Bumblebee
** [[TeamPet Team Humans]]: Jack, Miko and Raf.
* GatlingGood: Dreadwing carries one.
* GiantSpaceFleaFromNowhere: It's never explained where Thunderwing came from, or how exactly he got himself trapped in the meteor in the first place.
* GlorySeeker: Starscream, for his own personal glory of course.
* HonorBeforeReason: When Optimus tries to reason with Thunderwing, this is pretty much Thunderwings' response.
* HumanShield: Megatron uses Starscream as one when Thunderwing attacks and escapes the Nemesis.
* HumongousMecha: Again, Thunderwing.
* IdiotBall: The shows cast as a whole is a lot dumber here. Jack walks right into a fight with Arcee and Airachnid, getting himself captured, and Megatron trusts Thunderwing even though the latter has no incentive to help him.
* KickTheDog: Using the captured Miko and Raf to force Ratchet help repair Thunderwing? Really, Megatron?
* OffscreenTeleportation: After Bulkhead and Miko escape the underground temple, and Bulkhead is forced to fight some Veichons. Once outside, Miko calls him over to a nearby ravine. [[LampshadeHanging Bulkhead asks her how she got all the way over there without his notice]], [[HandWave Miko just shrugs and tells him it's not important.]]
* [[OhCrap Oh Scrap]]: Megatron has this reaction after [[spoiler:Thunderwing is completely repaired and makes his intentions clear.]]
* PlotArmor: With the exception of [[spoiler:Thunderwing]], every named character survives the game, likely to avoid any contradictions with the ongoing series.
* RecurringBoss: Megatron, fought three times over the course of the game.
* RedshirtArmy: The Veichons.
* SceneryPorn: Many of the game arenas look very good.
* SinisterScimitar: Megatron's sword is reimagined into one of these.
* TheSmurfettePrinciple: Arcee and Airachnid are the only "female" Autobot and Decepticon respectively.
* SmugSnake: Starscream, what else is knew.
* StormingTheCastle: Missions on the Nemesis.
* ThisIsADrill: Knock Out's super attack has one of his hands turn into a drill like the cartoon, though much bigger.
* TurnsRed: Megatron does in the second fight with him, doing more damage, and in the third fight does it twice.
* UngratefulBastard: Thunderwings' idea of ''thanking'' Megatron for his repairs? [[spoiler:Trying to kill the Decepticon leader]].
* TheVoiceless: Soundwave.
* WhatHappenedToTheMouse: Once Knock Out falls off the Nemesis after his fight with Bumblebee, and Dreadwing gets buried under a rockslide. Neither are seen or mentioned again for the rest of the game.
* WolverineClaws: Starscream and Airachnid as usual, but here, the Car Vehicons and Knockout weaponize their FemmeFatalons.
* YouFool: Used by Megatron when he finds Starscream, trying to finish repairing Thunderwing scolds him about losing Ratchet.