''Transformers: Convoy no Nazo'' (or "Mystery of [[SpellMyNameWithAnS Comvoy]]," as the subtitle is translated on the cover) is a side-scrolling and vertical-scrolling PlatformGame for the [[NintendoEntertainmentSystem Nintendo Family Computer]], based on characters from ''Franchise/TransformersGeneration1'' [[note]]"Convoy" is the Japanese name for Optimus Prime[[/note]]. It was originally released in 1986 by Takara, in Japan only.
In October 2009, [=TakaraTomy=] released [[http://tfwiki.net/wiki/To_Die_Game! a pack-in comic]] with the [[PaintItBlack Diamond Black]] version of ''Alternity'' Megatron, which tied in with this game by establishing it as a proxy war - a "game full of death and suffering" - between an Optimus Prime from one dimension (using Ultra Magnus as his champion) and a Megatron from another dimension (sharing his power with the Decepticons of that era). [[TFWikiDotNet TFWiki]] acknowledges that this may be one of the greatest instances of FanWank ever.
!!This game contains the following tropes:
* BossRoom: Most stages end in an area with three platforms that float up and down and the boss on the right.
* CollisionDamage: Touch an enemy, and Ultra Magnus will lose one life.
* CutAndPasteEnvironments: Given that it's an early NES title.
* EpilepticFlashingLights: When Optimus Prime forms for the first time, and every time you complete a boss, you're treated to a '''''VERY BRIGHT''''' red, blue, and yellow strobe light effect that doesn't stop for a good few seconds and takes up the ENTIRE SCREEN, which would otherwise be solid black.
* DepthPerplexion: The player can't shoot or pass through solid blocks. Enemies fly in front of the bricks, but they still kill you with CollisionDamage if they touch you.
* HitboxDissonance: Enemy hitboxes are far larger than their graphics might suggest. On top of that, your own character is a large robot to begin with, and the game is extremely biased when it comes to hit detection - your own projectiles have to hit enemies dead center to hit them (and they're often very small to begin with) while enemy projectiles only need to barely graze you to score a hit.
* LevelInReverse: Stage 6 is Stage 3 going down instead of up, and Stage 10 is Stage 8 going up instead of down.
* TheMaze: Stage 9, which loops if the player doesn't take the correct path.
* OneBulletAtATime: Only four shots can be on screen at once.
* OneHitPointWonder: Normally, Ultra Magnus dies if anything hits him (in either form), but the "B" Energon cube produces a barrier that protects against three hits.
* OneUp: An Energon cube with a "1" on it.
* PoisonMushroom: The "D" Energon cube undoes the effects of other powerups.
* RecurringBoss: The boss of stages 3, 6 and 8 is a giant Decepticon mark.
* SpellingBonus: The alternate ending is unlocked by collecting the letters R-O-D-I-M-U-S, which are hidden in seven different stages.
* VideoGameFlight: A power granted by the "F" Energon cube.