''Stay Tooned'' is a 1996 video game by Funnybone Interactive and published by Sierra Entertainment, featuring various cartoon characters that have escaped the TV World thanks to a magical remote. It is the player's goal to collect the keys to send them back using said remote, but unfortunately it has been hidden deep inside the apartment complex the character resides in.
It is notable for being a particularly random video game, with many, many cutscenes.
* AuthorAvatar: Ben Howard, the game's computer programmer, appears in the game and even gives you some advice at the beginning of the game while you're channel surfing.
* DrunkOnMilk: Schmooze gets himself a little wasted while waiting for Pixel at his rooftop picnic. When she finally shows up, it turns out he was drinking apple juice.
** [[WildMassGuessing Maybe he was delirious from nausea?]]
* EverythingTryingToKillYou: Not trying to kill you per se, but there are several toons that enjoy causing mischief with you as the intended target.
* FirstPersonShooter: [[spoiler:Zapping the toons near the end of the game.]]
** BigBad: Pixel.
** TheDragon: Chisel.
** TheBrute: Schmooze.
** TheEvilGenius: Scoops
** TheDarkChick: Fiddle.
* GettingCrapPastTheRadar: In Pixel and Chisel's theme song.
* MediumBlending: The city in the opening is CG, but once the Toons break out of your TV, the whole building shifts into hand-drawn cartoon graphics. [[spoiler: Toonland]] at the end of the game is also CG. And so are a few objects in some side animations throughout the game.
** A few rooms also flaunt 3D technology, and the game box shipped with two pairs of 3D glasses.
* MadLibsDialogue: Used in the ''VideoGame/MortalKombat'' parody Kartoon Kombat.
--> '''Announcer:''' Tai Chi Chisel! Versus! Kung Fu Frank! *evil laugh*
* MadScientist: Dr. Pickles, complete with a German accent.
* NPCRoadblock: There are several characters (that are chosen at random) that will block you from reaching the fifth floor and entering Mrs. Findley's room respectively until you do something for them.
* PlotDevice: The remote is the only thing that can get the toons back into the television set. Naturally, it's hidden well, although there are quite a few hints that can help the player find it.
* ShoutOut: Several, such as Kartoon Kombat, Whinefeld, and Schleopardy.
** "Killtron! Magic Death Robot" is a spoof of Voltron. "POORLY DUBBED WITH HARD TO READ ENGLISH SUBTITLES".
** The Beatles get a cameo after you solve the Simon-head minigame, much to the toons' surprise.
** Minigames that have high scores include one score left by someone named [[KingsQuest "Graham".]]
** The view of the Enterprise in the future room also bears a slight resemblance to the SCS Eureka from Space Quest V.
* UnrequitedLove: Schmooze can never get Pixel to like him even though he's smitten with her.
* WhatHappenedToTheMouse: [[spoiler: It's never explained what happens to the toons that are not required for the player to zap back inside the television set, although it's possible that that they were zapped into the television set as well offscreen.]]