''Sonic The Hedgehog Classic'' is a ''Franchise/SonicTheHedgehog'' fangame made by Hez in Multimedia Fusion 2, through use of the Sonic Worlds engine. Not counting the fan-remake ''Sonic Rebirth'', it is in fact the first complete, large-scale, original Sonic project made in it. The plot is your standard [[ExcusePlot "Sonic and friends fight Dr. Eggman"]] deal. The game features a set of 7 original zones, Time Attack and Mission modes, plus some extras. [[http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=19103&view=findpost&p=697101 Get the game on Sonic Retro.]]
A sequel is in the works.
!Tropes featured include:
* AlliterativeName: The zones, with the exception of Death Egg.
* AuthorAvatar: An orange hedgehog represents Hez.
* BaitAndSwitchBoss: Eggman's Giant Mech has a cameo on Death Egg Zone, [[spoiler:in which it explodes, sending Sonic to fight against Giant Silver Sonic.]]
* BonusLevel: Features special stages for Emerald collecting and bonus levels for extra lives.
* BossRush: An unlockable.
* CrosshairAware: The final boss uses this in one of its attacks.
* DebugMode: One that works just like the ones from the Genesis Sonic games.
* DummiedOut: The ''Sonic 1'' level set was cut from the game to be later used as an expansion pack, but is now being saved for the sequel. Mercury Mines appears on the level select but is unplayable. Metal Sonic seems to have been intended as a playable character, but though you can make him appear on-screen, he is broken.
* FlippingTheBird: Hez's VictoryPose. If fits nicely because he's normally a rival in Time Attack mode.
* GiantMook: The "Giant Badnik Hunt" challenges, where you have to find and defeat a giant version of a regular enemy in a level.
* HumongousMecha: [[spoiler:Giant Silver Sonic, the FinalBoss.]]
* MeaningfulBackgroundEvent: An endless line of [[spoiler:Giant Silver Sonics]] is seen on the background for Robot Rave. For better or for worse you only fight one at the adventure's end.
* NotTheFallThatKillsYou: [[spoiler:The ending is exactly like the one from ''SonicAdvance2''.]]
* NostalgiaLevel: Death Egg is the final level, based on the one from ''Sonic 2''. Gigalopolis, Aqua Arena and the Special Stages are based on levels from ''Sonic Chaos''. Bridge Zone from ''Sonic 1 8-bits'' is unlockable.
* PuzzleBoss: Dr. Eggman's machine in Desert Dunes is immune to rolling attacks, so you make it suck its own spiked bombs instead.
* RiseToTheChallenge: Robot Rave Act 3, accompanied by a remix of [[VideoGame/SonicTheHedgehogTripleTrouble Sunset Park Act 3]].
* SecretCharacter: Ashura and Blue Knuckles. By editing the save file you can also play as Fang, Shadow and Hez.
* SecretLevel: Bridge Zone from the 8-bit version of ''SonicTheHedgehog''.
* SuperMode: After collecting all Chaos Emeralds. Hyper mode is also available as an extra.
* UnderwaterBossBattle: At Luster Lake, essentially an underwater version of the [[VideoGame/SonicTheHedgehog1 Green Hill Zone]] boss.
* TheUnfought: Fang The Sniper appears three times during the game to set traps on Sonic, but never fights him.
** EternalEngine: Robot Rave.
** GreenHillZone: Hazel Hills.
** HailfirePeaks: Crystal Caverns is a combination of LethalLavaLand and SlippySlideyIceWorld.
** ShiftingSandLand: Desert Dunes.
** SpaceZone: Death Egg.
** UnderTheSea: Aqua Arena and Luster Lake.