''Robotech: Battlecry'', published by TDK Interactive, follows the story of VF-1 Valkyrie pilot Jack Archer, who fights in the war against the Zentraedi.
!!This video game provides examples of:
* BigBad: Zeraal, after the Rain of Death.
* BloodKnight: Kiyora.
* DownerEnding: [[spoiler:Jack is stranded in Space, and as the narration finishes, he starts coughing due to lack of air.]]
* ElsewhereFic: This game is an ElsewhereFic in video game form, as the characters from the anime only make a few appearances.
* FaceHeelTurn: [[spoiler:Skaarde]], who gives intel to Jack because [[spoiler:Jack saved Skaarde from Hiro]].
* FramingDevice: The narration is revealed to be [[spoiler:Jack making an audio log of the events of the game minutes before dying from lack of oxygen.]]
* OriginalCharacter: Jack Archer.
* SavedByCanon: An EasterEgg in ''Robotech: Invasion'' is some graffiti reading "Jack is Alive!"
* TheResolutionWillNotBeIdentified: At the end, [[spoiler: Jack is left stranded near Saturn. It is not revealed if a rescue ship arrives in time to save his life]].
* TimeSkip: 75% of season 1 is skipped; Justified as Jack's fighter was PortalCut by the Hyperspace Fold and he was only along for the ride during the first and last 3 episodes. Enforced by Harmony Gold not being legally allowed to make derivative works based on ''Super Dimension Fortress Macross'' and that was as much as they could get away with.