->''"The game looks pretty good. The rendered backgrounds are sharp and use light sourcing and shading.(...) Add in some dull music and long, boring combos, and it equals a competent but uninspired game."''
-->--''Yahoo Games UK & Ireland''
One of the many [[FightingGame fighting games]] [[FollowTheLeader that tried to copy]] MortalKombat. Although the influence of ''VideoGame/KillerInstinct'' is undeniable.
''Pray For Death'' is a DOS Game FightingGame which tried to imitate ''VideoGame/KillerInstinct'' but didn't achieve much. While the graphics were great (for it's time), the gameplay was uninspired, the sound horrible and the fatalities lame.
While it's not an important fact, it's worth mentioning this game include Chtuhulu as a character.
!!This series has examples of:
* AllMythsAreTrue: Odin is mentioned in Wolfrich's bio, Anubi has his cult, and Cthulhu is here as well.
* BruceLeeClone: Perhaps the most uninspired one yet: Jan Fun.
* DidYouJustPunchOutCthulhu: Well, considering the man himself is fighter...
* FallenAngel: Uriel didn't want to help build Hell. Therefore, she was sentenced out of Heaven.
* FinishingMove: They exist, but they are laughable. Nobody really dies, and some of them make no sense whatsoever.
* HighPressureBlood: All characters bleed a lot during the finishing moves -- even when they are barely hit or not hit at all.
* ManVersusMachine: Painbringer's main goal is to kill Jan Fun and prove the superiority of machines over men.
* TomeOfEldritchLore: Malestrom's main goal is to find the Necronomicon.