[[caption-width-right:160:A [[OlympusMons Ho-Oh]] 25 levels above the level limit? Even with a [[ElementalRockPaperScissors double-weakness]], [[NintendoHard that's gotta be tough]].]]
''Pokémon Crystal Enhanced'' is a rom hack of ''[[VideoGame/PokemonGoldAndSilver Pokémon Crystal]]'', with the difficulty taken to a [[NintendoHard ridiculous]] extreme.
The author, Fireburn, is a person on the [[http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/index/ Nuzlocke Forums]] who is fairly well known. He made this game with the intention of people [[SelfImposedChallenge nuzlo]][[Webcomic/NuzlockeComics cking]] it, and with the intention of it being brutally hard to do so. Thanks to the nature of the game's code, Fireburn has managed to make opponents have Pokemon higher level than yours can ever reach due to limits in the game, and even if you aren't Nuzlocking it the game should give an insane challenge.
It is found [[http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8544349/1/ here.]]
* BonusBoss: Red. Like in the original ''Pokémon Crystal'', Red is waiting on top of Mt. Silver for you as the biggest challenge of your skill in the game. Except this time his Pokémon leave the level limit behind in the dust by about half its maximum.
* DiscOneNuke: Mew. Not only can you get it before the third gym, it comes equipped with two moves of incredibly high power and diversity, along with a strong move of its own type. Mew also has high stats across the board, making it a powerhouse until you reach stronger opponents.
* ForcedLevelGrinding: Practically required if you want to beat the game, but special mention goes to the Rock Tunnel in Kanto, where the only encounters are the exp-rich Chansey and Blissey.
* HundredPercentCompletion: The game allows the player to catch all 251 Pokémon available at the time in some way or another.
* NintendoHard: In the aftergame, some of the gym leaders have Pokémon higher level than the level limit.
* OlympusMons: You can get all of them in some way or another. Usually by rare encounters in certain areas.
* SelfImposedChallenge: Invoked, as the author created the game with the intention of it being played through with a common self imposed challenge known as the [[Webcomic/NuzlockeComics Nuzlocke Challenge]].
* TheComputerIsACheatingBastard: In the aftergame, gym leaders and the final boss Red can have Pokémon that ''exceed the level limit'', so that they're still stronger than you no matter how much you [[LevelGrinding grind]].