''Poke646'' is a ''VideoGame/HalfLife1'' gamemod. ''The'' ''Half-Life'' gamemod.
Thirteen months after the Black Mesa incident, the research facility has been shut down. The nation never got to know anything about the experiments there, and the governement created a organisation specificly to handle "Alien Related Topics". The name of that organisation is Poke646.
Unfortunately aliens are invading Nation City with portals, and Damien Reeves is the only Poke646 member who didnīt evacuate, due to an accident. Guided by a man named Dr. Sebastian Fuller through Poke646s radio transmitter, he must turn on 4 generators in the city to stop the portals from coming.
Five years after the mods release, ''Poke646: Vendetta'' was created, which takes place right where the predecessor left off.
!!This game mod takes place in same universe as Half-Life, therefore same tropes apply. Poke646 provides examples of:
* AbnormalAmmo: The Xen Squasher is an alien that must be fed with candy in order to shoot goey projectiles.
* AbsurdlySpaciousSewer: Below Nation City, in which it is possible to get lost.
* BagOfSpilling: Between Poke646 and Poke646 Vendetta.
* BlandNameProduct: Poke646`s own vending machines are full of them. You can guess what a bottle of [[IncrediblyLamePun Poke]] is.
* [[spoiler: DownerEnding: The first one.]]
** [[spoiler: EarnYourHappyEnding: ''Vendetta''.]]
* EdibleAmmunition: The Xen Squashers candy, again.
* EmergencyWeapon: Damienīs melee weapon is a heater pipe, and he uses the Poke646īs drills as nailguns.
* ExclusiveEnemyEquipment: Throughout the mod, the closest thing to a automatic gun you find is a nailpistol. In ''Poke646: Vendetta'' you, finaly, get to pick up the assault rifles carried by the soldiers.
* FacelessGoons: Some of the soldiers doing the cleanup.
* GangstaStyle: You can do this with the nailpistol, which lowers the accuracy and highens the fire rate. But because the weapon in question looks like a big blue drill, it does not look cool.
* HopeSpot: The man sent to find you with a armored tank... he doesn't last long.
* ImmuneToBullets: The Giant robot guardians made by ''Poke646''.
* InsurmountableWaistHeightFence: Averted. You can double jump over them with the shotgun, all the way to the edge of the map. The expansion Vendetta however, gave us...
* MadeOfExplodium: Get some safe distance if you plan on turning on the microwave.
* MythologyGag: A book is found aboard the space station called,"''How i Survived Black Mesa''" written by Barney Calhoun.
* PipePain: A gas pipe is picked up and used as the mod's melee weapon. Incorporates a unique (for the time) mechanic where, if used too many times in a row, will cause you to weaken and tire from exhaustion.
* RecoilBoost: Done by firing the shotgun at the ground while in the air, making a useful double jump.
* TwoShotsFromBehindTheBar: Yes. Behind the bar is a nice shotgun you can pick up, and conveniently aliens teleport in.
* VoiceWithAnInternetConnection: Sebastian keeps contact with Damien by the use of radios placed around the city.