''Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Conflict of Interest'' is a (still-in-progress) fangame based on the ''VisualNovel/AceAttorney'' series.
This game takes place a year and a half after the events of [[VisualNovel/ApolloJusticeAceAttorney Apollo Justice]]. Phoenix has retaken the bar exam and gotten his attorney's badge back. With his former assistant, Maya Fey, [[TheBusCameBack back at his side]], he finds himself involved with a series of cases, all apparently connected to each other.
Phoenix also faces a new court rival, Obadiah Williamson, a veteran prosecutor who takes his job very seriously. He hates both criminals and defense attorneys and seems to hold a grudge against Wright, despite never having met him.
Can Nick unmask this conspiracy of lies, forgery, and betrayal? Or will he too become corrupted by it?
Currently, there are three and a half of cases available to play. More information and download links can be found [[http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20194 here.]]
Fuandon does a LetsPlay of the game [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwuUUgTRyow&list=PL467EE9E4621F4560 here]].
Shitaki08 also does a LetsPlay of the game [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsYMhI4kSxQ&list=PLZaxVcdYZSlwaR1bT4zmHDGjH_jOqfFNX here]].
!!This Fan Game provides examples of:
* AlternateContinuity: This game takes place in an [[AlternateUniverseFic alternate universe]] to official [[VisualNovel/PhoenixWrightAceAttorneyDualDestinies Dual Destinies]]. However, the branching point is set somewhere back from the current events, with the disappearance of [[spoiler: Pearl Fey]].
* ArcWords: Five years ago.
* ArtEvolution: Should become quite obvious, if you compare author's earlier sprites (made primarily from various elements of already existing characters) with new ones, done completely from scratch. He even went as far as to hire professional artists from deviantART for cutscene images.
* BigBad: [[spoiler:Francisco Mendirez]] is shaping up to be one.
* CallingCard: Whenever members of the [[spoiler: Rivales Family]] want to send someone a message, they leave a card with a bear emblem on their crime scenes.
** Sir Gallante's sign is also a specific example.
* CourtroomAntics: As expected from a PhoenixWright game.
* [[EasterEgg Easter Eggs]]: Visiting the Police Station at specific points in game may lead to stumbling upon some [[TheCameo interesting individuals]] like inspector Chelmey and constable Barton from [[Franchise/ProfessorLayton Professor Layton]] or Lynne and Missile from [[VideoGame/GhostTrick Ghost Trick]].
* FamilyDisunion: The Fey Clan Reunion resulted in an attempted assassination of [[spoiler:Maya Fey, the current Master of Kurain]], with another family member landing on the defendant's chair... before it even began!
* FlashbackNightmare: Phoenix suffers from one of those at the beginning of Case 4.
* GoryDiscretionShot: Sir Gallante’s killings are rather brutal for an ''Ace Attorney'' game, although game refuses to directly show you any of his victims’ bodies. But then, go and read again the detailed autopsy report of Michael Rivales and try to imagine how his corpse must've look like.
* JurisdictionFriction: Occurs in Case 3 between the LAPD and FBI.
* LeftHanging: Case 1 intentionaly ends with some plot threads waiting to be resolved in the next cases.
* MiniGame: Putting together pieces of a broken [[spoiler: gun]]. With super glue!
* MoodWhiplash: ''Turnabout on the Web'' is especially guilty of this. At first we have a case full of [[TakeThat TakeThats]] and [[ShoutOut shoutouts]] to Ace Attorney community, internet trolls, and rabid fanboys... and then, on the second day of investigation, we go to the Criminal Affairs. It gets worse from there.
* OutOfOrder: Case 1 (called also Case 0) was released AFTER Case 2 and 3. WordOfGod says that this case had been initially cut off, as it had almost nothing to do with the main plot. However, while working on Case 3, the author decided that it might be a good idea to [[ArcWelding throw it back in and rewrite some parts of the plot]], so now it fits with the other cases.
** It also gave Trucy some screen time in the courtroom.
** Wright has a hard time with interpreting a picture drawn by Maya for a Fey Clan Reunion flier:
-->'''Phoenix:''' Why is the Pink Princess strangling that man?
-->'''Maya:''' That's not the Pink Princess! That's me!
-->'''Trucy:''' And she isn't strangling anyone...
-->'''Phoenix:''' Sorry, my mistake.
** It happens also with the aforementioned CallingCard, as almost nobody can recognize a bear on it.
* PoliceAreUseless: Actually a major plot point in Case 3.
* PunnyName: Rivales Family's hitlist includes such names like [[LeeroyJenkins Leroy Jenkins]] and [[UsefulNotes/AlbertEinstein Albert]] [[StephenHawking Hawking]].
* TitleDrop: Happens a lot in Case 4.
* [[TrophyRoom Trophy Wall]]: Phoenix and Maya have keepsakes from all the past cases placed on a wall in the Wright's Agency. [[note]]This feature was introduced in version 1.42 and therefore cannot be seen in older versions or Let's Plays.[[/note]]