''Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Conflict of Interest'' is a (still-in-progress) fangame based on the ''VisualNovel/AceAttorney'' series.
This game takes place a year and a half after the events of [[VisualNovel/ApolloJusticeAceAttorney Apollo Justice]]. Phoenix has retaken the bar exam and gotten his attorney's badge back. With his former assistant, Maya Fey, [[TheBusCameBack back at his side]], he finds himself involved with a series of cases, all apparently connected to each other.
Phoenix also faces a new court rival, Obadiah Williamson, a veteran prosecutor who takes his job very seriously. He hates both criminals and defense attorneys and seems to hold a grudge against Wright, despite never having met him.
Can Nick unmask this conspiracy of lies, forgery, and betrayal? Or will he too become corrupted by it?
Currently, there are four out of five cases available to play. More information and download links can be found [[http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20194 here.]]
Fuandon does a LetsPlay of the game [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwuUUgTRyow&list=PL467EE9E4621F4560 here]].
Shitaki08 also does a LetsPlay of the game [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsYMhI4kSxQ&list=PLZaxVcdYZSlwaR1bT4zmHDGjH_jOqfFNX here]].
!!This Fan Game provides examples of:
* AbortedArc: [[spoiler: Phoenix's bluff about Dahlia being channeled is pretty much ignored during the 2nd day of court. After all, it was just a ploy by Phoenix to buy some more time to investigate.]]
* AlternateContinuity: This game takes place in an [[AlternateUniverseFic alternate universe]] to official [[VisualNovel/PhoenixWrightAceAttorneyDualDestinies Dual Destinies]]. However, the branching point is set somewhere back from the current events, with the disappearance of [[spoiler: Pearl Fey]].
* AlwaysMurder: [[spoiler: subverted for one of the first times in the series in ''Turnabout Consequences'', as Maya is still alive after she was shot.]].
* ArcWords: Five years ago.
* ArtEvolution: Should become quite obvious, if you compare author's earlier sprites (made primarily from various elements of already existing characters) with new ones, done completely from scratch. He even went as far as to hire professional artists from deviantART for cutscene images.
* BigBad: [[spoiler:Francisco Mendirez]] is shaping up to be one.
* BittersweetEnding: ''Turnabout Consequences'' again.
* ButThouMust: Surprisingly averted in Turnabout Consequences. It's up to player if they decide to [[spoiler:cover for the real culprit or to expose the truth]]. Both choices lead to [[MultipleEndings different endings]] and will have repercussions in the final case.
** Played straight earlier in the case as no matter what you choose, [[spoiler: Meredith is accused of the murder.]]
* CallingCard: Whenever members of the [[spoiler: Rivales Family]] want to send someone a message, they leave a card with a bear emblem on their crime scenes.
** Sir Gallante's sign is also a specific example.
* ContinuityNod: The crumpled photo of Phoenix, Maya and Pearl on a boat has been evidently taken in Gaterwater Land, during the events of ''AceAttorneyInvestigationsMilesEdgeworth''. One can even spot little Miles' figure in the background.
** [[spoiler: 'Jimmy']] in ''Turnabout Consequences'' poses as a prosecutor and he pulls the same cheap trick Furio Tigre used in ''Trials and Tribulations'', albeit this time with a cardboard prosecutor's badge.
* CourtroomAntics: As expected from a PhoenixWright game.
* [[EasterEgg Easter Eggs]]: Visiting the Police Station at specific points in game may lead to stumbling upon some [[TheCameo interesting individuals]] like inspector Chelmey and constable Barton from [[Franchise/ProfessorLayton Professor Layton]] or Lynne and Missile from [[VideoGame/GhostTrick Ghost Trick]].
* FamilyDisunion: The Fey Clan Reunion resulted in an attempted assassination of [[spoiler:Maya Fey, the current Master of Kurain]], with another family member landing on the defendant's chair... before it even began!
* FlashbackNightmare: Phoenix suffers from one of those at the beginning of Case 4.
* GoryDiscretionShot: Sir Gallante’s killings are rather brutal for an ''Ace Attorney'' game, although game refuses to directly show you any of his victims’ bodies. But then, go and read again the detailed autopsy report of Michael Rivales and try to imagine how his corpse must've look like.
* JurisdictionFriction: Occurs in Case 3 between the LAPD and FBI.
* LeftHanging: Case 1 intentionaly ends with some plot threads waiting to be resolved in the next cases.
* LoggingOntoTheFourthWall: Link that [=PureMadness=] posted on Ace Fanclub led once to an actual picture of [[MassEffect Commander Shepard]]. Sadly, this is not the case anymore since the picture in question disappeared from the server.
* MiniGame: Putting together pieces of a broken [[spoiler: gun]]. With super glue!
** Again in case 4,this time with [[spoiler: a broken statue]].
* TheMole: [[spoiler: Jimmy]] is implied to be this at the end of Turnabout Consequences.
* PlayingThePlayer: Turnabout Consequences does it's best to make you confused as to who the real culprit is.[[spoiler: Raphael got an early bird cameo right before the case came out in the prologue case as one of the Rivales thugs talking with Timmons, so people would be suspicious of him, Meredith outright says she did it at the end of the second investigation. By the end of the case, you will be slapping yourself at how simple the solution is and depressed at the outcome.]]
* MoodWhiplash: ''Turnabout on the Web'' is especially guilty of this. At first we have a case full of [[TakeThat TakeThats]] and [[ShoutOut shoutouts]] to Ace Attorney community, internet trolls, and rabid fanboys... and then, on the second day of investigation, we go to the Criminal Affairs. It gets worse from there.
** ''Turnabout Consequences'' might be even worse. We finally get to the Fey Family Reunion where we finally find out that [[spoiler:Pearl is alive.]] All is well, everyone's happy. Then [[spoiler:Maya gets shot by an unknown sniper and things take a much darker turn, with the Rivales Family getting involved again.]] At the end, it turns out that the culprit is [[spoiler: Pearl Fey, of all people.]] Wow. Ropfa truly wasn't kidding when he said that things are going to get darker from Turnabout on the Web.
* OutOfOrder: Case 1 (called also Case 0) was released AFTER Case 2 and 3. WordOfGod says that this case had been initially cut off, as it had almost nothing to do with the main plot. However, while working on Case 3, the author decided that it might be a good idea to [[ArcWelding throw it back in and rewrite some parts of the plot]], so now it fits with the other cases.
** It also gave Trucy some screen time in the courtroom.
** Wright has a hard time with interpreting a picture drawn by Maya for a Fey Clan Reunion flier:
-->'''Phoenix:''' Why is the Pink Princess strangling that man?
-->'''Maya:''' That's not the Pink Princess! That's me!
-->'''Trucy:''' And she isn't strangling anyone...
-->'''Phoenix:''' Sorry, my mistake.
** It happens also with the aforementioned CallingCard, as almost nobody can recognize a bear on it.
* PoliceAreUseless: Actually a major plot point in Case 3.
* PunnyName: Rivales Family's hitlist includes such names like [[LeeroyJenkins Leroy Jenkins]] and [[UsefulNotes/AlbertEinstein Albert]] [[StephenHawking Hawking]].
* StoryBranching: Case 5 will have at least two paths, [[spoiler: Depending on wether you choose to prove Pearl's motive or not at the end of case 4]].
* ThrowTheDogABone: In A Turnabout Is Worth a Thousand Words, if you present Phoenix's profile at the right time, the judge will ''retract any and all penalties he has given'', his reason being that he "cannot let competence go unrewarded."
* TitleDrop: Happens a lot in Case 4.
* [[TrophyRoom Trophy Wall]]: Phoenix and Maya have keepsakes from all the past cases placed on a wall in the Wright's Agency. [[note]]This feature was introduced in version 1.42 and therefore cannot be seen in older versions or Let's Plays.[[/note]]
* WhamEpisode: Turnabout Consequences.
* WhatHappenedtotheMouse: A major point gets brought up later in Turnabout Consequences that neither most players nor Phoenix ever considered at the beginning of the case [[spoiler:Where was Pearl during the shooting?]]