[[caption-width-right:350:A quest for adventure! A quest for revenge! A quest... for a peasant!]]
->''Can one peasant wearing short pants save the countryside from certain burnination? '''You''' decide!''
-->--''Peasant's Quest'' [[http://www.homestarrunner.com/pqtrailer.html Preview]]
''[[http://www.homestarrunner.com/disk4of12.html Peasant's Quest]]'' is an AffectionateParody of the ''VideoGame/KingsQuest'' series by [[WebAnimation/HomestarRunner the Brothers Chaps]]. It involves a peasant with short pants named Rather Dashing who returns from vacation to find that his cottage had been burninated by Trogdor. Swearing revenge, he goes off on an adventure to be like a peasant and slay Trogdor on behalf of burninated peasants everywhere.
!!This web game has examples of:
* AwesomeMcCoolname: Rather Dashing.
* BerserkButton: Offering to buy [[TheTeetotaler the Kerrek]] a Cold One will cheese it off.
* ClimbingTheCliffsOfInsanity: Along the way to face Trogdor.
* TheDevTeamThinksOfEverything: If you say "haldo" to Dongolev before learning its meaning from Mendelev first, he'll reply "What'd you read that in PQ Stragedy Guide? Go talk to my brother first."
* DoomedHometown: The game begins when you discover that Trogdor has burninated your thatched-roof cottage.
* DidYouJustPunchOutCthulhu: [[spoiler: Averted, but nonetheless you've gone farther than anyone else did and they raise a statue in your honor.]]
* EdibleBludgeon: Jhonka's club is likely a turkey leg.
* [[spoiler:FailureIsTheOnlyOption: Trogdor is indestructible and can't be killed. Making it all the way to his lair only results in your burnination. You do get a statue made in your honor, though, for getting farther than anybody ever before.]]
* HammeredIntoTheGround: Kerrek's mode of attack.
* HonestyIsTheBestPolicy: Averted with the Jhonka. Telling him the truth about the riches will result in him whacking you to death.
* LogoJoke: The Videletrix logo is a runner tripping, falling, and giving a thumbs-up to a beepy little tune. In Peasant's Quest he has a sword and shield. When he fails to give a thumbs-up after falling, the tune beeps again as though to prompt him, but all that happens is his foot twitches a little--he apparently impaled himself.
* AManIsNotAVirgin: Averted. It's easy to miss, but when you type in "jump in hay" at the right point of the game, the response message subtly calls Rather Dashing a virgin by responding, "You've not known much better than a roll in the hay alone."
* TheManyDeathsOfYou: Tons, including [[spoiler: the ending.]]
* MythologyGag: After the sbemail "for kids", which featured Strong Bad playing the game, aired on the site, the commands "make friends with Kerrek" and "buy Kerrek a cold one" (which Strong Bad uses in the sbemail) were added to the game. The first one results in the message "Look, it didn't work for Strongbad [sic] and it's not going to work for you, either", while the second results in "The Kerrek is a teetotaller and is offended by your offer. Now you've really cheesed him off." and causes the Kerrek to speed up.
* NoGoodDeedGoesUnpunished: After getting the riches from the Jhonka and giving them to the Baby Lady, she leaves you with the Baby and runs away. It turns out she's a scam artist.
* NoTrueScotsman: Even though Rather Dashing is a peasant, the knight doesn't believe he is because he doesn't dress, smell, or is on fire like a peasant.
* PressXToDie: Several obviously foolhardy actions can get Rather Dashing killed, such as approaching the Kerrek, telling Jhonka that you stole his Riches or trying to get an arrow from the tree while Dongelev is still shooting at it.
** Or using the command 'die'.
* [[spoiler: ShootTheShaggyDog: The game ends with Trogdor mentioning he is immortal and can't be killed. He congratulates you on getting far anyways, then burns you to a crisp.]]
* TheTeetotaler: Kerrek, as [[WebAnimation/HomestarRunner Strong Bad]] found out the hard way.
* TheThreeTrials: In order to get to Trogdor's Lair, you must dress like a peasant, smell like a peasant, and be on fire like a peasant. In the inner sanctum of Trogdor's lair, you must answer the riddles of the three guardians. [[spoiler:Failure to do so would doom you to an eternity of being this one jerk from school, playing sappy folk songs or dying, depending on which guardian you give the wrong answer to. Or you can just bribe them with certain items you find in the game.]]
* VideoGameCrueltyPotential: You get a special item by throwing a baby into a lake for no reason. [[InfantImmortality He's fine, though.]]
* WhatTheHellPlayer: The game calls you out for a few things, such as attempting to harm Poor Gary the horse.
* WhereAreTheyNowEpilogue: [[spoiler: After having the baby open a cottage with no doorknob for you, the dialogue explained where the baby went next in life, before you continue on with the game.]]