[[http://www.owlboygame.com Owlboy]] is an upcoming indie game by [[http://www.dpadstudio.com/ D-Pad Studio]]. It is a [[PlatformGame platformer]] with a mixture of [[ActionAdventure action and puzzles]], starring the Owlboy, named Otus, and his various Gunner partners. Currently a demo exists, spanning the first dungeon.
!!This game provides examples of:
* AdvancingBossOfDoom: The Temple Guardian.
* AlasPoorYorick: Refenced, as Alphonse apparently has a Skull he uses for acting.
* BossArenaIdiocy: The Sky Pirates would've had Otus if not for those rocks hanging from the ceiling.
* CapeWings: Otus's Owl Cloak seems to be this.
* DefeatMeansFriendship: After Alphonse is defeated, he's happy to cooperate with Otus. His partner isn't so keen on the idea, though.
* DualBoss: Both Sky Pirates fight you together, but only one attacks at a time.
* EmergencyEnergyTank: The Canteen is a refillable kind.
* FlunkyBoss: The giant Gawk, who arrives with a swarm of smaller Gawks.
* HeroicMime: Otus, who can only respond to questions with chirping.
* MacGuffinGuardian: The Guardian of the Owl Temple, apparently.
* NiceHat: Otus can wear his Gunners' hats to effect how his Gunners shoot.
* OurGnomesAreWeirder: Well, they're blind, cavedwelling, and enjoy a healthy diet of adventurers.
* PassThroughTheRings: The game's... currency?
* PowerUpFood: The various colored 'Ish' items, which grant a (usually temporary) bonus to Otus's abilities:
** [[HealingPotion Green Ish]]: Recovers health.
** [[SprintShoes Yellow Ish]]: Increases speed.
** [[MadeOfIron Blue Ish]]: Increases defense.
** [[ForMassiveDamage Red Ish]]: Increases attack.
** [[MoreDakka Orange Ish]]: Increases rate of fire.
* SavePoint: A sophisticated gentlemen fish. Makes no sense but... it's [[RuleOfCool awesome]].
* SkyPirate: The game's antagonists.
* TempleOfDoom: The Owl Temple isn't the safest place in the world, but much of the danger seems to come from a monster infestation.
* ToBeContinued: At the end of the Demo.
* VideoGameFlight: Otus can fly almost anywhere, except when under a waterfall.
* WorldInTheSky: So far the entire world of Owlboy seems to be a bunch of floating islands.