!!''Overlord: Raising Hell'' contains examples of the following tropes:
* BigBad: The Forgotten God.
* BittersweetEnding: The Overlord [[spoiler: successfully saves the world from the Forgotten God but is separated from his mistress Rose and his unborn son. All of his accomplishments will also be undone by the Glorious Empire's Emperor.]]
* BrokeYourArmPunchingOutCthulhu: Sort of. The Forgotten God is a LoadBearingBoss. When you kill him he destroys the portal leading out of Hell.
* CuttingOffTheBranches: The game assumes that the Overlord took the [[NobleDemon Path of least corruption]] and that he chose [[spoiler:Rose]] as his mistress.
* TheDevil: The Forgotten God is essentially Satan. [[spoiler:Then you kill him and take over hell.]]
* DidYouJustPunchOutCthulhu: At the end you kill the Forgotten God.
* HijackedByJesus: The game's backstory is actually hijacked from Wicca with the Consort turned into Satan. A sort of oddball metamoment that may pass audiences by.
* InfinityMinusOneSword: ''Five'' of them, one for each category: Armour, helmet, sword, axe and mace. They're all very nice, but especially in the case of the armor and helmet, they're unlikely to compete with fully upgraded Arcanium equipment.
* IronicHell: All of the Abyss-levels are ironic hells, targeted at the races in general, and the heroes you killed in particular. So the Gluttonous Halflings ends up in a hell of exploding sheep and killer pumpkins, the lecherous Paladin ends up in LadyLand, etc.
* KarmicDeath: Subverted. [[spoiler: The Overlord's death actually makes him ruler of Hell.]]
* LargeHam: MY NAME WILL BE WHISPERED! MY NAME WILL BE SCREAMED!
* TheLegionsOfHell: In the Raising Hell expansion, you fight them, [[DidYouJustPunchOutCthulhu slay their god]], and [[spoiler:[[BrokeYourArmPunchingOutCthulhu get stuck in Hell]]. [[LikeABadassOutOfHell As their ruler, thankfully]].]]
* LikeABadassOutOfHell: Upon defeating the BonusBoss of the Infernal Abyss, the denizens of that fiery pit swears allegiance to you - you have successfully taken over hell! [[spoiler:Which is probably a good thing, considering that you're STUCK there.]]
* NoNameGiven: We never do learn the Forgotten God's name, which kinda is the point since [[spoiler: Mother Goddess cursed him so that no-one could remember him, thus removing [[GodsNeedPrayerBadly source of power]].]]
* PlanetHeck: The expansion adds several "Abyss" levels for you to explore and conquer, including a BonusBoss at the end.
* SchmuckBait: Every realm in Overlord let's you kill sheep and smash containers without restraint. Try that in the Abyss, why don't you?