''Lucidity'' is a 2009 puzzle platformer by Creator/LucasArts. It stars a little girl named Sofi who traverses her dreams and is not directly controlled by the player. Instead, she continually walks forward and itís the playerís job to guide her safely to the end of each level by use of randomly generated objects, such as a staircase to connect platforms and a spring to jump to otherwise out-of-reach areas.
!!''Lucidity'' provides examples of:
* AdvancingWallOfDoom: These start to appear after the first act. If Sofi gets stuck and they get too close, she'll turn around and whimper in fear until you can get her moving again.
* AfterlifeExpress: [[spoiler: Grandmother boards one as she waves farewell to Sofi.]]
* AutoScrollingLevel: The entire game, since Sofi moves on her own.
%% * CheerfulChild: Sofi.
* DeathIsASadThing: The plot of the game is [[spoiler: Sofi coming to terms with her grandmother's passing.]]
* DreamLand: The game takes place in Sofi's dreams.
* EmpathicEnvironment: The levels in the second act, [[spoiler: when Sofi is the most overcome by grief and confusion]], start off full of SpikesOfDoom and with loads more enemies, and gradually become less and less colorful. In Act 3, when Sofi [[spoiler: begins to accept her grandmother's death]], the colorful landscapes return.
* EmpathyDollShot: [[spoiler: It's more of an Empathy Rocking Chair Shot.]]
* GrannyClassic: Grandmother spends most of her on-screen time knitting in her rocking chair.
* HeroicMime: Sofi, though she does her fair share of VoiceGrunting and you can read her diary entries.
%% * LuckBasedMission
* NiceHat: Sofi's bright red stocking cap.
* NintendoHard: It can get this way when the Random Number God decides it hates you and won't give you the one item you need.
* NoDamageRun: There's an achievement for completing a certain level without getting hurt.
* SceneryPorn: Everything has a paper cut-out look to it, with lots of soft, muted colors to give it a storybook feel.
* SpringsSpringsEverywhere: A springboard item that launches Sofi into the air. There's also a slingshot that shoots her forward.
* SoProudOfYou: One of Grandmother's letters conveys this message.
%% * SugarBowl: Everything in this game is adorable.
* ThankingTheViewer: Of course, there is one after the player gets pretty much everything. [[spoiler: It is in the form of one final postcard from Sofi's grandma in the mailbox of the final bonus stage. It starts off with "Dearest Sofi" like all others, before quickly breaking fourth wall and telling her that the team at Creator/LucasArts gives thanks for playing. Then she ends it off by doing the grandmotherly thing by telling Sofi to "get off the computer and go to bed."]]