''Loaded'' (known as ''Blood Factory'' in Japan) is a science fiction-themed top-down shoot 'em up video game that was developed by Gremlin Interactive and published by Interplay. ''Loaded'' was released in 1995 on both the UsefulNotes/PlayStation and UsefulNotes/SegaSaturn. The game had origins in DC comics and more notably the more adult-orientated Vertigo Comics, and there was a small graphic novel based on the game. The six playable characters of the game are a combination of villains, anti-heroes, psychopaths, perverts, mutants, and flamboyant murderers. They are, however, the best hope to stop the intergalactic supervillain code-named F.U.B. and save the universe. The characters were created and designed with contributions from Garth Ennis of Vertigo Comics and Greg Staples of 2000AD.
Later in the same year the game spawned a sequel using almost entirely the same characters and the same game engine, albeit one with mildly improved graphics, named ''Re-Loaded''. ''Re-Loaded'' was released on the [=PlayStation=] and PC at the end of 1996. Although it did not enjoy as good sales as its predecessor, it did however have an acclaimed soundtrack, this time entirely written and recorded by Neil Biggin.
A third game in the series entitled ''Fully Loaded'' was partially developed, but never released.
The game discs of both games could be played as audio [=CDs=]. Both games were notorious for their macabre sense of humour, over-the-top violence and extreme gore.
!!This VideoGame contains examples of:
* AWinnerIsYou: The ending is a very short FMV showing the final boss's body melting away and his brain escaping.
* BlackComedy: This pops up a lot here.
* FunWithAcronyms: "F.U.B." stands for "Fat Ugly Boy".
* ObviouslyEvil: If you look at these six characters, you'll realize that they're not even pretending to be anything except what they are.
* VillainProtagonist: All six of the characters are villains. Don't worry, they're fighting against threats that are much worse.