''Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise'' is a BeatEmUp developed by '''Digital Tribe Games''', that was released on Steam on the 24th of July 2012.
The game takes place in a fictional universe based on ancient China, and revolves around two nations that have always been at each other's throats in the past: the Empire of Tian, and the northern country of Shaa. General Loh (the player character) is tasked with setting up a base of operations at Talin Temple, from which the Shaa rebels can be fought and defeated. During his travels, Loh discovers a conspiracy within the Empire, and realising his folly in supporting it, sets off on a path that will allow him to bring down the corruption.
!!This game provides examples of:
* AuthorityEqualsAsskicking: Loh is a [[FourStarBadass General]] of the Empire, and beats up hordes of enemies each level. The FinalBoss also counts, being [[spoiler:the Queen of Tian]].
* BadassGrandpa: The Stage 8 boss Master Mo, an old man who can carry out some ''lethal'' attacks.
* BladeOnAStick: The weapon of choice for Giant Guards.
* DarkActionGirl: Three types of them show up as enemies.
* BigDamnHeroes: [[spoiler: Master Mo arrives to back you up midway through "Fatal Chasing"]].
* TheEmpire: Loh works for them, before defecting about midway through the game.
* ExtremityExtremist: From Stage 5 onwards, you'll start fighting a variation of enemy that only uses kicks.
* GiantMook: Giant Monks and Giant Guards are both twice as tall as Loh, and a fair bit wider as well.
* [[HoistByHisOwnPetard Hoist By Their Own Petards]]: Loh can deflect shuriken, darts and Crossbow bolts back at their shooters as well as other enemies.
* LivingStatue: Three variations show up as enemies in the Temple levels.
* MookChivalry: Averted. Enemies will happily gang up on you and attempt to break your combos.
* ShockwaveStomp: Some of the [[GiantMook Giant Mooks]] have this as an attack. Loh also has an unlockable special move that allows him to do one.
* SimpleStaff: Some of the monks at Talin Temple wield them.
* WakeUpCallBoss: The Swordsman you fight in Stage 4 will ruin your day when you first fight him: He can break your combos quite easily, frequently throws low attacks, and some his moves require very precise timing to completely block. The bosses only get harder from there.
* WouldHitAGirl: Loh fights his way through dozens of female enemies in the last twelve missions of the game, gender be damned.