* ZeroPercentApprovalRating: Kill too many non-predators and it's Game Over for you.
* ContinuingIsPainful: If you get very far during a mission but end up dying or failing, it's all the way back to Square One.
* GuideDangIt: It's easy to get lost in some of the non-linear missions without a map or directions.
* InferredHolocaust: You'll run into lots of Velociraptors in this game that need to be killed before they make lunch out of you. Anything else that is not a Velociraptor or a Biosyn agent is off-limits.
** ''Raptor Attack'': You must activate a Security Gas System to stop a large Velociraptor infestation in one of the installations.
** ''Search and Destroy'': Locate a Velociraptor nest, illegally established by Biosyn, within a volcano and demolish it with explosives.
** ''Protect the Gallimimus'': Scores of Gallimimus are being slaughtered by Biosyn for their research on Dinosaur DNA.
** [[spoiler: Isla Nublar is destabilized by time bombs and destroyed in a volcanic eruption.]]
* JungleJapes: Isla Nublar.
* LethalLavaLand: When you go inside Isla Nublar's active volcano.
* MadeOfExplodium: When you finally defeat the T-Rex.
* '''NintendoHard''': Six continues. No checkpoints. And supplies that are few and far between.
* NonLethalWarfare: You have three weapons that are only strong enough to incapacitate animals and are completely harmless against humans.
** Taser: An electrical stun blaster that can be charged up.
** Tranquilizer SMG: Rapid-fire gun that shoots sedative darts.
** Gas Rockets: Explodes on impact, dispensing a cloud of sleeping gas.
* TimedMission: A significant contributor to the game's difficulty.
* AWinnerIsYou: After all the trouble you went through, the only thing you get is a flyby into the sunset before the Credits start rolling.