'''Hill Climb Racing''' is a mobile game developed by ''Fingersoft''. Despite its title, you never actually end up racing in the game.
You are a man driving in various vehicles, trying to reach the end of each stage, be it in a motorbike in the countryside, or a monster truck on the moon. You can earn coins by collecting them in each stage, by receiving big air time[[note]]Each second you are suspended in midair, your air time increases from "air time" to "big air time" and eventually "insane air time"[[/note]], or doing tricks in midair in your vehicle. You can use your coins to unlock new vehicles or upgrade the ones you already have, as well as purchase new terrain. The only obstacles you face throughout the entire game are [[NeckSnap getting your neck snapped]] through reckless driving and running out of fuel[[note]]There are many fuel tanks lined up throughout each level to ensure you are well-stocked[[/note]]. That's the plot, and it's pretty straight forward.
!!Tropes present throughout ''VideoGame/HillClimbRacing'':
* ArtisticLicenseAstronomy: You can't breathe on Mars or the Moon.
** Probably more a case of BatmanCanBreatheInSpace than astronomy.
* BadassNormal: The jeep, your default car, definitely proves itself as one of the most balanced vehicles once it has been completely upgraded.
** The driver may also count. Look at all the things he can do in his cars! [[BatmanCanBreatheInSpace Even breathe in space]]!
* BatmanCanBreatheInSpace: The guy who drives all of these vehicles never wears anything special on the Moon, Mars, or Alien Planet.
* ConvectionShmonvection: The volcano level allows your cars to pass through lava completely unharmed. It slows you down and catches your car on fire, but does no permanent damage whatsoever.
* CoolCar: All the cars!
** CoolBike: The motorcross and quad bikes!
** CoolTrain: The kiddie train!
* DreamingOfAWhiteChristmas: The Christmas stage.
* TheGenericGuy: The driver.
* LethalLavaLand: The Volcano.
* NeckSnap: One of the two ways you can lose. Aim it right, and you can get extra points for a Neck Flip!
** If you either ride the tourist bus of the kiddie train, your passengers would also get these!
* RedOnesGoFaster: Despite most of the cars being red, the race car was originally the fasted. Averted once the blue rally car is unlocked.
* ShiftingSandLand: The Desert.
* SlippySlideyIceWorld: There's the Arctic, and later on the Arctic Cave.
* SomeKindOfForceField: The game only lets you go so far backwards.