An ActionGame for home computers published by Mindscape in 1991, ''D/Generation'' takes place in the year 2021 at a genetics research facility based in Singapore. You play a courier armed with a laser gun who is charged with delivering a package to a man named Derrida, CEO of Genoq. In the course of doing this you battle genetic experiments and save employees of the company ([[VideoGameCrueltyPotential or ignore them, or kill them, or allow them to die]]), never straying from your mission to deliver the package.
!!This game contains examples of:
* OneUp: One for each civilian you save.
* ApatheticCitizens: They just want to get out of there. The first one you meet even tries to convince you to sit tight and let someone else figure out what's going on.
* ChestMonster: The [=C/Generations=] disguise themselves as normal office equipment or survivors until you walk up to them. The ones in human form have only one "tell": [[spoiler:if you use an explosive nearby, they won't shiver like real humans do.]]
* DeflectorShields: One variety of power-up is temporary invincibility, represented by giving your character sprite a mosaic blur-like filter.
* DroneOfDread: The gameplay soundtrack is pretty much this exclusively.
* FanRemake[=/=]FanSequel: ''[[http://www.dreamcodex.com/regen.php rE/Generation]]'', developed for the Retro Remakes 2004 Competition.
* HackingMinigame: Kind of.
* HoistByHisOwnPetard: When multiple security turrets are in a room, you can sometimes run between them and lure them into shooting each other. Helps conserve grenades.
* LimitedSoundEffects: And music too (see Drone of Dread above).
* LockedDoor: Though you can use bombs on them.
* MookMaker: Air ducts in the floor spawn A/Generations and B/Generations when you approach. Run over a duct to secure it.
* OneHitPointWonder: Applies to you, civilians, and weaker enemies. Turrets and later foes require a shot of heavier ordnance.
* OnlySmartPeopleMayPass: A computer asks for a password. The only hint is a vague phrase from an NPC.
* PinballProjectile: Your main weapon.
* RealityWarper: [[spoiler: The [=D/Generation=]]]
* TimedMission: Roughly three quarters into the game you discover that [[spoiler: Genoq has dispatched a bomber to destroy the building and remove all evidence of the bioweapons, leaving you with 20 minutes to complete your job and escape. This is very unlikely to kill you, however -- the [=D/Generation=] will take care of that first.]]
* TimeStandsStill: One item temporarily freezes time for everything except you. However, this also means that you can't toggle switches until the effect wears off.
* TrickShotPuzzle: Lasers can activate doors.