An ActionGame for home computers published by Mindscape in 1991, ''D/Generation'' takes place in the year 2021 at a genetics research facility based in Singapore. You play a courier armed with a laser gun who is charged with delivering a package to a man named Derrida, CEO of Genoq. In the course of doing this you battle genetic experiments and save employees of the company ([[VideoGameCrueltyPotential or ignore them, or kill them, or allow them to die]]), never straying from your mission to deliver the package.
!!This game contains examples of:
* OneUp: One for each civilian you save.
* ApatheticCitizens: They just want to get out of there. The first one you meet even tries to convince you to sit tight and let someone else figure out what's going on.
* ChestMonster: The [=C/Generations=] disguise themselves as normal office equipment or survivors until you walk up to them. The ones in human form have only one "tell". [[spoiler:If you use an explosive nearby, they won't shiver like real humans do.]]
* DeflectorShields: One variety of power-up is temporary invincibility, represented by giving your character sprite a mosaic blur-like filter.
* DroneOfDread: The gameplay soundtrack is pretty much this exclusively.
* FanRemake[=/=]FanSequel: ''[[http://www.dreamcodex.com/regen.php rE/Generation]]'', developed for the Retro Remakes 2004 Competition.
* HackingMinigame: Kind of.
* HoistByHisOwnPetard: When multiple security turrets are in a room, you can sometimes run between them and lure them into shooting each other. Helps conserve grenades.
* LimitedSoundEffects: And music too (see Drone of Dread above).
* LockedDoor: Though you can use bombs on them.
* MookMaker: Air ducts in the floor spawn [=A/Generations=] and [=B/Generations=] when you approach. Run over a duct to secure it.
* OneHitPointWonder: Applies to you, civilians, and weaker enemies. Turrets and later foes require a shot of heavier ordnance.
* OnlySmartPeopleMayPass: A computer asks for a password. The only hint is a vague phrase from an NPC.
* PinballProjectile: Your main weapon.
* RealityWarper: [[spoiler:The [=D/Generation=]]]
* TimedMission: The last quarter of the game gives you 20 minutes to win. [[spoiler:Genoq has dispatched a bomber to destroy the building and remove all evidence of the bioweapons. This is unlikely to kill you, however -- the [=D/Generation=] will take care of that first.]]
* TimeStandsStill: One item temporarily freezes time for everything except you. However, this also means that you can't toggle switches until the effect wears off.
* TrickShotPuzzle: Lasers can activate doors.