[[caption-width-right:275:Feed With Candy]]
Cut the Rope is an addictive physics-based [[PuzzleGame puzzle video game]] for the iOS, Android and [[NintendoDS DSiWare]].
The objective of each of the game's levels is to maneuver a piece of candy into the mouth of a cartoon monster, called Om Nom, and also to pick up up to three stars per level by touching them with the candy.
All you have to do is cut the rope to let the candy drop into Om Nom's mouth... at first. Later levels provide bubbles, automatically-appearing rope, sliding rope as well as hazards in the form of [[SpikesOfDoom spikes]], [[DemonicSpiders spiders]] and electrical traps. Its direct sequel, ''Cut the Rope: Experiments'', builds on prior mechanics in the same vein, adding stuff like gravity manipulation and ropes attached to suction cups. A third game, ''Cut the Rope: Time Travel'', adds the challenge of feeding two Om Noms.
Despite sounding similar, this game is completely unrelated to ''VideoGame/YouHaveToBurnTheRope'', other than the fact that both games involve rope and breaking it.
!!'''Tropes used for this game:'''
* AWinnerIsYou: The ending is pretty much bare bones, showing Om Nom on top of a massive mountain of candy and the words "Thank You For Playing".
* BanditMook: The spiders, sort of. They will try to steal the candy once they reach the end of the rope they're on (which is attached to the candy). To prevent them from doing so, cut the rope they're on.
* BigEater: Om Nom. The AWinnerIsYou ending shows him on top of a 10-metre high mound of candy.
* CartoonCreature: What exactly is Om Nom supposed to be (other than a monster)?
* EasterEgg: Try touching Om Nom and see what happens.
* ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin: You have to cut the rope.
* ExcusePlot: You have a monster, and he's hungry for candy.
* EvilLaugh: The spiders do one when they nab your candy.
* GottaCatchEmAll: The stars. Three of them are in each level, and the path to getting them is ''less than easy''...
** There's also the pictures. You have to click on suspicious parts of the background to find them, and those are very subtle.
* GravityScrew: Present in the Cosmic Box, and also a few levels in the Magic Box.
* HerrDoctor: The professor in ''Cut the Rope: Experiments''.
* HundredPercentCompletion: Getting all the stars.
* IdenticalAncestor: The various Om Noms from different eras in ''Cut the Rope: Time Travel''.
* MeaningfulName: '''Om'''''Nom''nomnomnomnomnom...
* OurMonstersAreDifferent: And this one's adorable and harmless...
* RidiculouslyCuteCritter: Om Nom, the little green monster. And if he fails to get his candy, he makes a little "aww..." sound along with a sad face. A ''ridiculously cute'' sad face.
** UpToEleven in the web series ''OmNomStories'' which show him looking for candy in [[RogerRabbitEffect the real world]].
** The first 11 episodes of ''OmNomStories'' feature Om Nom in the real world. Starting with episode 12, the episodes are fully animated. And we get to meet some of Om Nom's ancestors. D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwww...
* ShownTheirWork: In terms of physics, this game is very accurate- tension, gravity, momentum are all fully and well-implemented.
* [[FourLeggedInsect Six Legged Spider]]: Unfortunately, the spiders do fail biology by having only six legs.
* SpikesOfDoom: Present in many, many levels. Don't let the candy touch these - it will crack, and Om Nom will be sad.
* SpinOff: Zepto Lab, the creators of the game, made a series of short subjects called ''OmNomStories''. As of this writing, 17 episodes, a pilot, and two "Behind the Scenes" reels have been posted. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz1kX1Z3CUE&list=SPVxGcyI6KPth2dKNkp-0dH2VYCJCppzDE&index=10 Here is the first episode.]]
* SpringsSpringsEverywhere: The Toy Box introduces bouncy platforms which the candy will bounce off from.
* TeleportersAndTransporters: The Magic Box introduces the magician's hats, which act as transporters. The sweet retains its speed if it passes through one, allowing some interesting situations.
** The christmas stockings in the [[ChristmasSpecial Cut The Rope: Holiday Gift]], [[OlderThanTheyThink which were added before the Magic Box.]]
* TimedMission: Several of them, especially those where the stars disappear after a short time.
** Also, if there's a spider involved, you have to get rid of it (by cutting the rope it's on) before it gets to the candy, otherwise, cue the spider grinning as it leaps off the screen with the candy, followed by Om Nom's sad face.
* TimeStandsStill: On ''Cut the Rope: Time Travel'' there's a "freeze time" button in some levels.
* TrademarkFavouriteFood: Candy for Om Nom, and presumably the spiders who try to steal it.