%%Zero context entries are not allowed. Please add context before removing comments.
''Crude Buster'' is a 1990 UsefulNotes/ArcadeGame by Creator/DataEast which was ported to the UsefulNotes/SegaGenesis in 1992. Released internationally under the MarketBasedTitle of either ''Two Crude'' or ''Two Crude Dudes'', the game is a BeatEmUp, and something of a [[SpiritualSuccessor spiritual sequel]] to ''VideoGame/BadDudes''.
The year is 20XX. A nuclear weapon combined with chemicals made by a mad scientist explodes in the city of New York, turning many of the city's inhabitants into savage mutants willing to obey any command. The scientist establishes an organization he calls "Big Valley," consisting of these mutants and many advanced military weapons. He orders them to take the ruined city by force and refuse to let anyone enter. Desperate, the US government hires the help of two super-powered mercenaries to enter the city and eliminate the villains occupying it.
Players control either, Ruth or his partner Sid, by jumping, dodging and attacking their way through legions of enemies. Because the main characters are muscle-bound brawlers, they have the ability to pick up objects well beyond their own weight (e.g. cars and traffic lights) to use as weapons. While playing co-op, it is also possible for one player to pick up the other to use as a projectile.
The game later received a Genesis port which, along with the inevitable graphical and sound downgrade, featured subtly different stage designs and enemies, and also added [[BonusStage bonus rounds]] where the player could heal in real time by punching vending machines filled with "Power Cola," causing consumable soda cans to fall out.
* AfterTheEnd: This is what happened to New York
* TheAhnold: Both of the protagonists.
* BadSanta: Psycho Santa runs around pulling bombs and knives out of his sack and throwing them at you.
* BullfightBoss: The Stage 3 boss.
* ColorCodedMultiplayer: Ruth is gold and Sid is green.
* GrievousHarmWithABody: You can pick up and throw enemies, damaging both them and the people they hit.
* HeadSwap: Player 1 (Ruth) has a faux hawk and Player 2 (Sid) has a bald mohawk hairstyle.
* ProductPlacement: In between stages in the Japanese arcade version, the characters beat up a Budweiser vending machine for drinks. "Power Cola" replaces Budweiser in all other versions.
* SpiritualSuccessor: To ''VideoGame/BadDudes''.
* TelephonePolearm: Larger poles were picked up and thrown while smaller ones were used as clubs. You could also throw cars.