[[caption-width-right:300:What a terrible night to be cancelled...]]
The year is 1666. A mysterious countess attempts to resurrect Dracula by bringing him through a portal. Since there is no Belmont available to fight them, the PowersThatBe pull two Belmonts from different time periods into the year 1666 to fight the forces of evil. These two are Sonia Belmont from the year 1450 (who debuted in VideoGame/CastlevaniaLegends), and Victor Belmont (a new character) from the late 1800s, who had tried to break from his family's lineage of vampire hunters.
This game was going to be released for the Sega Dreamcast, but it was canceled partway through development. Most people suspect that this is because Konami didn't have faith in the Dreamcast, as the game was canceled on the same day that Sony announced the Playstation 2.
!! ''Resurrection'' would have provided examples of:
* ActionGirl: Sonia.
* EnemiesWithDeath: Death would have showed up as usual, and with a CoolHorse to boot.
* NumberOfTheBeast: The year the game is set in, 1666.
** Also a meaningful year because the game was supposed to be set in London, and this is the year of the Great fire.
* OneWingedAngel: Both Dracula and the Countess.
* RefusalOfTheCall: Victor wanted nothing to do with his family's job as vampire hunters, but he ended up becoming one anyway.
* TheBusCameBack: Or it would have, had this game not been canceled it would have been the second time Sonia from VideoGame/CastlevaniaLegends was even in a Castlevania title, let alone a main, playable character.
* TheDragon: The Countess (her real name is unknown).
* WhipItGood: The Vampire Killer, wielded by both of our heroes.