''Ardy Lightfoot'' is a PlatformGame developed for the SuperNintendoEntertainmentSystem, published by ASCII in Japan in 1993 and in the Western world by Creator/TitusSoftware a year later.
Eponymous hero Ardy Lightfoot and RidiculouslyCuteCritter Pec are on a quest to retrieve a set of [[MineralMacGuffin Mineral MacGuffins]] because... uh... well, we're not sure; though the game has a plot and cutscenes, there's no written dialogue, meaning it's easy to miss out on the plot. If Wikipedia is to believed, said [=MacGuffins=] are the shattered pieces of the sacred rainbow, and whoever obtains them gets one wish. It doesn't really matter, because who pays attention to the plot, anyway?
It's fairly standard platformer fare, but it's solid, well-made (if [[NintendoHard infuriatingly hard]]) stuff-- and the music is pretty cool, too.
'''This game provides examples of:'''
* TheAce (Don Jacoby)
* AutoScrollingLevel : The Hall of mirrors
* BigBad (Visconti)
* DefeatMeansFriendship (Gilson the pirate owl, who becomes your ally as soon as you defeat him)
* TheDragon (Beecroft)
* HeroicSacrifice (Don Jacoby [[spoiler: He gets better. And then does it again at the very end.]])
* InterfaceScrew (the potions in the Mouse Trap level, which reverse left and right-- the only way to remedy them is to get the other potion a screen or so away. Over spikes of doom.)
* MoodWhiplash (For the first few levels of the game, it's fairly cartoony and upbeat. Then suddenly, [[spoiler:you get eaten by a giant worm and your opponent is digested, door-nail dead. ]])
* MoreTeethThanTheOsmondFamily (Pec. No, really.)
* NonHumanSidekick (though Ardy himself isn't human, Pec is a super-deformed... penguin thing?)
* RidiculouslyCuteCritter (Pec)
* TurnsRed (Every boss save Beecroft)
* ViewersAreGoldfish (after Don Jacoby's heroic sacrifice, it flashes back to it. Roughly ten seconds after you see it. Oi.)
* WombLevel (Level 6 - 'Eaten!', which is [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin exactly what it sounds like]])