''Ardy Lightfoot'' is a PlatformGame developed for the SuperNintendoEntertainmentSystem, published by ASCII in Japan in 1993 and in the Western world by Creator/TitusSoftware a year later.
Eponymous hero Ardy Lightfoot and RidiculouslyCuteCritter Pec are on a quest to retrieve a set of [[MineralMacGuffin Mineral MacGuffins]] because... uh... well, we're not sure. Though the game has a plot and cutscenes, there's no written dialogue whatsoever. If Wikipedia is to believed, said [=MacGuffins=] are the shattered pieces of the sacred rainbow, and whoever obtains them gets one wish.
'''This game provides examples of:'''
* TheAce (Don Jacoby)
* AutoScrollingLevel : The Hall of mirrors
* BigBad (Visconti)
* DefeatMeansFriendship (Gilson the pirate owl, who becomes your ally as soon as you defeat him)
* TheDragon (Beecroft)
* HeroicSacrifice (Don Jacoby [[spoiler: He gets better. And then does it again at the very end.]])
* InterfaceScrew (the potions in the Mouse Trap level, which reverse left and right-- the only way to remedy them is to get the other potion a screen or so away. Over spikes of doom.)
* MoodWhiplash (For the first few levels of the game, it's fairly cartoony and upbeat. Then suddenly, [[spoiler:you get eaten by a giant worm and your opponent is digested, door-nail dead. ]])
* MoreTeethThanTheOsmondFamily (Pec. No, really.)
* NonHumanSidekick (though Ardy himself isn't human, Pec is a super-deformed... penguin thing?)
* RidiculouslyCuteCritter (Pec)
* TurnsRed (Every boss save Beecroft)
* ViewersAreGoldfish (after Don Jacoby's heroic sacrifice, it flashes back to it. Roughly ten seconds after you see it. Oi.)
* WombLevel (Level 6 - 'Eaten!', which is [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin exactly what it sounds like]])